Monday, February 1, 2016

Easy Valentine or anytime project

Happy February!
Can you believe it...   we are that much closer to spring!!
 
Whooooop!
 
 
I personally can not wait for those 90' Chesapeake days.
 
Paddle boarding,  lunches on the boat, sand in my.... 
 
Meanwhile,  Paul and I are keeping ourselves occupied by creating in the garage.  We always have plenty to drink, good music, friends and a nice toasty fire going.
 
This is a simple project that we made in the garage a few weeks ago.
 
I started out by painting a piece of wood with brown and black paint
(because I didn't have any stain)
and then I painted a big pink heart on it.
 
 
I embellished the heart with a white paint pen,
Painting a ruffle trim and our initials.
 
 
Then drilled two holes, sanded the whole thing to rough it up a bit and then threaded some raffia through the holes.
 
 
I ended up going back over some of the white to brighten it up before tying on the skeleton key.
 
 
Cute huh?
Ours is hanging in the dining room where it will stay all year long.
 
Wishing you all a fast and wonderful February!
xo
Later dudes



 

5 comments:

Earlene L. said...

Very cute Leslie!
I am very happy too we are into Feb. and closer to warmer and sunnier days!!!!
Happy Valentines Day~

Valerie CottageMakingMommy said...

So darn cute.

Melinda said...

Very cute!
I am sure it looks great in your dining
room.

Looking forward to seeing your Valentine
cards.

M : )

Liz said...

I love this!! Just my kind of style!

3D Hdwallpaper said...

Thanks for sharing
___________
bloom tattoos