Monday, January 4, 2016

the mom cave

 
 
Remember this mess?
 
 
Wait.
I mean,  this mess?
 
 
 
Sheeeesh. 
(serious shithole!)
 This time last year I was upside-down in the center of this chaos.
 
I used to get the worst anxiety just thinking about walking up those stairs.
 
 
Now...   I can't tell you the pleasure that I get when I wake up
and open the little door to the 3rd floor.
 
It's like my very own secret garden.
 
 
 
Some mornings,  instead of going down to the kitchen, 
I head upstairs to the attic to brew my coffee and catch the morning news.
 
 
 
It is a quiet place to gather my thoughts for the day.
Or maybe to type up all of the ideas that have been generating through my head the night before.


 
 

 
































 2016 will be the year that I finally finish a romance novel.

























Perhaps I'll be more disciplined with a cozy convenient writing space.

However...   I've got to be careful. 
It is way too easy to take a nap up here.




 





It's such a comfy space...    I can't believe I waited so long to claim it. : )
 
 
Have a great day.    I'm gonna finish taking the last of the Christmas décor down and then I'll probably be upstairs writing taking a nap.  : )


18 comments:

Jeanette said...

Beautiful! I would be spending a lot of time up there!

Jacob William said...

Excellent site I have bookmarked your site..

__________________________
Scarlett Johansson HD Wallpaper 2015

Valerie CottageMakingMommy said...

I love it. Glad you are spending time up there.

Pam said...

Way to go! What a great little area to write in, nap in and whatever floats your boat. Good job, Leslie! Happy New Year!

Miss Merry said...

Love it. I am starting this year where you were last year. I have a room . . . . . which needs to be emptied, ruthlessly sorted and donated (or trashed) and made child friendly for at least 3 (if not 4) napping grandchildren. It is a daunting task! Your space is just lovely!

It's Just Dottie said...

I am loving it...I showed it to my DIL so she could get some ideas on what to with the top part of her house...Good job.

Lynn said...

Everyone needs their own space-enjoy:@)

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Oh wow! What a nice place to drink coffee, watch the news, and write... or NAP!
I love the painted floor! You did a great job.

Melinda said...

It is such a cozy looking little hideaway.

Can't wait to hear more about your novel.

M : )

PS love your header--did you do it?


M : )

Karen said...

Such a lovely, cozy spot. I love the sloping ceiling, reminds me of the bedroom I had growing up.

Theresa said...

What a beautiful transformation:) I know you are enjoying it so much! Have a blessed day and take a nap if you wish:) HUGS!

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

What a darling space and who doesn't appreciate a good nap ! Im a new follower and look forward to reading more from you ~ Angela

Angela V. said...

Glad you're back...guess we both needed some time off. :) Happy New Year!

Kris said...

What an incredible space to call your own! I would sure love to take a nice nap there too!!!
xo Kris

Lucy Barber said...

Wow! That looks amazing. All my co-workers at essaymojo.com agreed that this place looks like a comfortable and pretty nest to have a rest or a nap. Besides it looks like a quite place to concentrate on writing. Looks really great! Well done!

James Alone said...

Nice post!

HD Wallpapers

Hollie said...

Love this space!!! It looks so relaxing!!

akash jameel said...

Thank you for sharing the post.kindly visit us
___________
tattoo thoughts