Friday, January 1, 2016

Holiday Pantry Leftover Cake ~ Cranberry Almond with Orange glaze

 
 
The holiday season came and went so fast that my pantry and refrigerator are still filled with supplies to make Christmas goodies.   I am hoping for a few good snow/cookie baking days in the future, 
meanwhile..  there were things sitting around that are on their way to becoming stale.
 
I decided to gather up some things and start this 1st day of the new year out with a cake.
 
A cake that I am calling the Holiday Pantry Leftover Cake. 
 
 
 
First I grabbed one of the many boxes of yellow cake mixes and a box of instant pudding.
Then it was the cranberries that were about to get soft,  the oranges that were wilting and a half bag of sliced almonds that would be stale before too long.
 

 

 
 
 
 I basically just dumped everything in a bowl together and followed the directions on the cake box..
adding just a little less water then it called for since the cranberries would produce extra moisture.
 
For the glaze,  I squeezed the two oranges into a pot,  added 1/2 stick of butter ...   heated it until it melted and then added about 1/2 cup of sugar.
 
 
Pretty darn good!
And I don't feel guilty wasting food.  : )
 
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 package of vanilla pudding
about 3 cups of cranberries
1 cup of sliced almonds
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
3/4 cups of water
 
Glaze
1/2 stick of butter
juice of 2 squeezed oranges
1/2 cup sugar
 
 
 

10 comments:

Valerie CottageMakingMommy said...

Glad to see hour blogging and the cake is genius.

Melinda said...

Sounds really yummy!

M : )

It's Just Dottie said...

Great cake...I still think you are super women....I have missed you.

Lynn said...

A very pretty cake to start a Happy New Year-enjoy:@)

It's me said...

Where have you been !??...i miss you leslie......love from me happy new year x ❤️

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Very creative and it looks yummy! So happy to see you at the top of my blog list :-)

Jacob William said...

It's wonderful your infos. Thank you very much//

__________________________
Scarlett Johansson HD Wallpaper 2015

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Yummy! that looks delicious!
Hope you have a wonderful start to a brand new year!
Lots of success writing too. :)

James Alone said...

Fantastic article goods from you.

HD Wallpapers

akash jameel said...

I want to thank the blogger very much not only for this post but also for his all previous efforts.
___________
tattoo thoughts