Wednesday, April 22, 2015

a wild ride

 
Hello beautiful people!
I miss you!!
 
Spring is in the air and we've been having a good time hanging on the water and working around the house.    We've got so much to do outside.
 
I finally got my board wet a few weeks ago and it was amazing.
 
Clumsy me... 
I was really tempting it as I  balanced that cup of coffee and myself on the board for the first time in almost 6 months...
   Not falling into that cold water was quite an accomplishment!


 
The day was beautiful..
Half of the time I just sat on the board soaking up the silence and the sunshine.

 
 
Since that day,  I've been out on the water a few times
and we even took the boat out already. 
Paul was smiling for days afterward! 
 

The water is still to cold to get in so we took the Kayak in to sit on the beach with some friends and have lunch.   Moments like those are what we live for.



 
We've also been working...
In between giving the deck and back yard a makeover,
I've been trying to keep rolling on my writing.
Although it's really hard to focus when I know that I have so much to do around the house.
 
 
It's been a tough time for the critters in our house.
Having pets is wonderful..
but so heart breaking when they are sick or in pain.
 

Tomorrow will make two weeks since Pearl, our dove, was injured in a terrible accident.
Michelle who just turned 24 at the beginning of the month has had Pearl since she was 8 years old.
This bird is her whole life,  so when she tripped and stepped on him while they were playing,  she was beyond heart broken.     It was ugly!
We rushed him to the pet ER where a bird vet was waiting to treat him.
I honestly didn't think he was gonna make it.
He suffered a broken clavicle and a broken collarbone and after two weeks and two trips back and forth to the emergency vet,   he is doing wonderful!!!!
He's eating, cooing, laughing and playing with his toys again.
I can't believe it!!!
( he's not allowed to fly for another 4 weeks.)
 
And then there's this girl...
The love of my life.
Looking at her ride the skateboard yesterday,
you would never guess that she's at risk of losing her front left leg.

 
Trust me..  I wasn't expecting that news either!!!
Darla has a tumor growing on her arm/armpit and the only way to insure that the cells from the tumor don't spread to her organs is to cut a large/deep area while removing tumor.
Unfortunately, because of the location,  that would mean amputating her leg.
 
My poor girl...at 11 years old, I just can't do that to her!
She would hate me.
 
After much thought,  we are going with option #2,
 which is to remove part of the tumor and hope that it doesn't spread faster then she ages. 
My little boo boo still has a lot of boating and paddle boarding to do this summer!
 
Keep our little babies in your prayers.  : )
 
 
That's what you've been missing.  
It's been wild.
 
I hope that you all are well and enjoying this gorgeous weather.
finally!!
Have a great weekend ..  see you soon.
xo

6 comments:

Valerie Ratliff said...

So glad you are feeling better. I will pray for your animals to heal soon. The boat and board look so fun. Reminds me of spending time at my grandparents lake house every Summer as a child. Those were the best times.

Hugs from Oklahoma,

Valerie

Theresa said...

You all are busy having lots of fun:) Riding on the board looks like a great way to spend the day! I will pray for your furry friends! They are family and we hurt when they hurt! HUGS and PRAYERS coming your way dear friend!

Melinda said...

Lots of fun going on in your world.

Take care of your babies and we'll keep them in our prayers.

M : )

Marissa said...

Silence and Sunshine....
What I would give just for a few minutes...

Lucky, lucky you.. I say one of these days my life will get back to normal I will have my sweet Tea in pre-school and I too will be able to enjoy the silence.
sort of reminds me of the song by Depechemode enjoy the silence....
If you haven't heard of it I suggest listening to it while you board...
Xo Marissa

It's me said...

Owww you poor baby.....hope everything Will be OK with her....love from me Ria....x!

Liz said...

That just brought tears to my eyes reading about your beloved pets! Prayers for those fury and feathered friends! No wonder the time on the water felt peaceful! Good luck on your projects. We are knee deep in that stuff too!