Sunday, March 1, 2015

New blog header and a new month

 
It is cold and there is a coat of ice on everything outside.
Simply said, it's a mess!!
Certainly a great day to stay inside, bake a ham, watch some nascar racing and play with my blog.
I made a new blog header.
Isn't it funky?


The husband was looking at me like I was crazy as I kept rearranging things, standing high on the chair and snapping photos.
He just doesn't get it!
His idea of a great blog header is a few pictures of Dale Earnhart Jr, the boat and a steak topped with onions.
 

 All of my favorite things are falling from the spoon.
I am so grateful to be blessed with all of them. 
Especially that guy who is making fun of me for taking pictures of random bits of paper.



Speaking of pictures..
I snapped this one of the boat earlier and texted it to Paul with the word..
 " Depressing"
 
 
He texted me back with this...
"Not Depressing"
 
 
I'm drooling. 
I told you..  it's all that we ever think about!!!!
 
The good news.. It's already March! 
Yessssssssssss!!
 
 
Tomorrow, March 2nd makes 11 years since my mom passed away.
The day that I'll never forget,  the day her heart stopped and my heart broke.
As many of you know..  it doesn't matter how much time passes,  you never stop missing them.
My mom is in my thoughts each and every day that goes by.
And each day I miss her more and more.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 
I wish you all a lovely warm week ahead.
Stay happy!!
xo



9 comments:

Valerie Ratliff said...

Love your new blog header and men never get it. 20 days till Spring. I'm sorry about your mom. It's been 2 years for me and it sucks. Thinking of you.

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Very creative and fun - it suits you :-)

Melinda said...

I LIKE the new header!
Bloggers are very intertaining to
nonbloggers for sure.
I'm with yiu on the missing Mom
part, mine will be gone eight years in December.

Take care my friend.

M : )

Lynn said...

Lovin' the new header! I'm always glad to see March... That tells me spring is right around the corner:@)

Marissa said...

Beautiful blog header. Love the sand in the spoon & notes.
My husband is the same way. He doesn't get why I take pictures of food, decor, or the plants outside . Hehe..
It's always hard when we miss our loved ones . I miss my grandmother everyday .

Pam said...

Great header, Leslie! My husband is the same also, men just don't get it! Here's to Spring, soon I hope!

Theresa said...

Love the header:) I miss my Mama still after 26 years. Time goes by but their memories will be with us forever and ever! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Liz said...

Really creative new header, I like it! Where did you get all of the fancy letters? Heart hugs on missing your mom!

Melanie said...

Totally awesome! And perfectly, perfectly you. :)