Monday, March 9, 2015

A little fun in the dining room



Good Morning Friends.
Happy Monday!!!!
 
I'm up with the birds..  I'm up before the birds, again.
Me & sleep ~  not friends. 
 
 Wasn't it great having that extra hour of sun light?
It was so nice having dinner in the daylight.
 
I snapped a few pictures in the dining room as the sun was slowly setting yesterday.
I love the evening hue,  it's calm and peaceful.
It reminds me of those long slow summer days that I love best.
 
 
I added a few new things to the room.
 
 
Did you notice the plates?
Yes,  that is our boat.
How freaken cool is that!!!!
I ordered them on Zazzle,  and while I plan to get full sized dinner plates,
I wanted to see how it turned out on paper first.
Of course, Paul loves them!  


The wall above the stove is still a work in progress.

 
I ordered this picture a few weeks ago.
It's called "Revenge".
There was something about it,  the whale, the colors..  that I just loved.
 
 
I'm still adding things to my little box shelf.

 

 
And then there is this...   I hung this a few weeks ago but I haven't showed you all yet because I wasn't crazy about the colors.    Now, that I've fixed the color situation..
Go ahead and do it,  " Make Today Your Bitch!"
 
I look at this verse every morning while I am putting on my shoes..
Make today your bitch.
That's right..  claim it,  however you plan to spend it... own it!
  Today only happens once so make it count!
 

 
I love this room.
Decorating is so much easier for me when I don't follow a protocol. 
My house theme style is the  "If it makes you happy" theme.
Having things around that remind us of who we are and where we've been..
that's what makes me smile when I enter a room.
 
*
 
Time to get dressed and make today my bitch.
Have a wonderful Monday friends.
Enjoy that extra hour of sunlight.
 
 

11 comments:

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

You always add that little bit of unexpected fun and I love it :-)

Pam said...

Great photos and I love the plates with your boat on it. How clever! And the whale pic also!

Valerie Ratliff said...

I love it. What a way to claim it. I love the pic too. Your dining room looks just perfect. I'm so ready for Spring. We were teased with one day of sunshine on Saturday and it's raining now....and foggy.

BumbleBeeLane said...

It all looks wonderful. ♥LOVE♥ the whale picture. I can never find grown up whale decor. So bold the wall words.LoL. Warm Blessings! ~Amy

Karen said...

I'm lovin' that whale picture, too. I like your little cubby shelf! Need to find something like that for all my little knick knacks.

You're so creative! And a hoot!

Gina said...

Your dining room looks wonderful! Gotta love your wall art too. lol

I almost bought that same painting. I just loved that whale!

Lynn said...

Ha-ha, lovin' your new mantra-enjoy:@)

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I do like the extra day light! I wish we could just keep the time one way or another. Then now matter how we spend our day (hopefully making it count) we don't have to plan around day light saving time schedules!
;)
... your dining room has evolved nicely, and your painting 'revenge' I like it!

heather gilmour said...

The wall decoration is super cute, love the words and their colour, it looks really great!

House cleaners Wimbledon

Melanie said...

I love that painting. I noticed it right off before you got to it's solo picture. He's going to make that SHIP his bitch. Heh. :)

Lady Jane said...

Hi, I love eclectic. You definitely have a unique decorating style. I absolutely love the light above the table.