After 10 great years together, she finally has had enough of my abuse. : (
I sit here typing to you on a brand spanking I have no idea how to work it new laptop.
I've finished a few fun projects, my bedroom... is amazing! I don't want to leave it. In fact, I think I'll take my new laptop upstairs and get under the comfy new bedding and blog from there. I finished the floor, I was a little disappointed at how badly I applied the stain.. yeah.. patience is not my virtue. But all in all.. I am happy with it. it looks 100% better then before.
Did y'all have a fun Mardi Gras?
I don't know why, but New Orleans and Mardi Gras have always been someplace that I have wanted to visit. Paul could care less, the only thing that he longs for is a beach. A beach with clear, warm, beautiful water. I'm intrigued by the history of New Orleans and I have always been a lover of New Orleans jazz. Lois Armstrong and I go way back to the days when my grandma and I would play his records and dance around the living room in our pajamas. : ) I probably know the words to every Armstrong/Fitzgerald song there is!
Anyway... a few weeks ago I finally talked Paul into taking a spring trip to the French Quarters.
( I bribed him with the promise of beads.. men! they'll do anything with a boob involved )
I am super excited. I can't wait to hit the shops, restaurants and galleries. We are staying in a hotel right on the corner, with a balcony overlooking the cobblestoned Bourbon Street. The place looks amazing. I even booked us a riverboat dinner cruise and a midnight cemetery walk at Lafayette cemetery.
... and yes, if for some reason, a moment arises or if I have enough tequila I am totally coming home with beads. No shame here.. as my girls say, Yolo!
Does this look deliciously sickening..
I have never had a king cake before!!! Do you believe that? I didn't know what I was missing..
my gosh, was it delicious!
I found this simple recipe on Pinterest .. Yes, that pinterest.. the new leading cause of divorce.
30 Minute King Cake
- 1 12oz tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Purple, gold and green sugar sprinkles
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Roll out tube of crescent rolls on parchment lined cookie sheet, pressing the seams of the dough together to form one large layer of dough.
3. Mix cream cheese, 1/4 cup powdered sugar and and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and spread it along the center of your dough.
4. Cut a few slits in the sides of the dough to make flaps that can be folded over the filling.
5. Sprinkle brown sugar and pecans over the cream cheese.
6. Fold the flaps over the filling to make a “braid” and pinch together any holes along the bottom so the cream cheese doesn’t leak out while it’s baking.
7. Gently form the dough into a ring on the cookie sheet.
8. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
9. While cake is baking, mix together the frosting: 3 cups powdered sugar and 1/4 cup water with 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. This mixture will be rather thick.
10. When your cake is out of the oven, spread it in a ribbon around the top of the cake, a section at a time. You have to work quick to add your sprinkles before the icing hardens after you put on the icing.11. Don't forget to hide the baby underneath.
Naturally my ring was a mess.
and I think I put a little too much frosting on top
and it didn't matter.
It was a warm gooey pecan sugary mess..
and we ate it all!
I also made a yummy Martha Stewart Cajun Shrimp and Rice recipe.
If this is what we have to look forward to in New Orleans..
I can't wait!!!!
Of course I can't figure out how to transfer photos from my camera to this new computer..
I want to show you the bedroom dang it!!
I'll be back soon with some finished projects.
I can't wait to show you some of the things I've been working on.
Have a great Friday.
Keep those fingers and toes warm!!!