Saturday, January 24, 2015

progress


Making progress...



This job...   
is a big one!!

As you can see... things are moving along.

I packed up all of the unwanted junk cluttering the steps and shelves,
  Yes ~ there was a "closet shelf thingy" at the bottom of the steps underneath of that mess.
I tore it out and got to work sanding and painting the walls and steps.

The steps are huge,
I didn't realize how big they were! 
.
And the bright colors really make them pop.
See the door hanging on the wall..  
I stole that from the basement laundry room.  
I haven't quite got to that point yet.. 
 but soon I will add photos and pretty things to it.

Moving up..  



Ha!  you thought those steps were bad..
You haven't seen nothin yet!!

As if the attic isn't already creepy.
This freaked me out yesterday. 
Remember the fly seen in the Amittyville horror? 

First there was one fly..  then two..
and then four !!

Where did they come from!!!



This is what I've been working on for the past few days.


This junky corner now looks like this..

I chose a few different shades of teal for the wall color
and a cloudy sky printed wall paper for the ceiling.

The reason that I chose to wallpaper the ceiling is because the ceiling is a hot mess.
Someone must have painted over peeling wallpaper at some point
 and I can not get it off!!!   
So.. to save myself more work,  I am just covering it all up. 


The last thing on my list is a chair-rail to separate the wall and ceiling.

As for the rest of the room.. 
Ohhhh boy.
  
(You see why I am covering that ceiling up)

 I've slowly managed to sort and organize 
(aka get rid of)
most of the stuff in the back of the room.

Today I took one of the beds down and cleaned out everything that was underneath of it.
Tomorrow I will take the other bed apart,  paint and decide if I am going to keep both beds or get ride of one.
I'm still undecided.


Have I mentioned that I am exhausted.

Be back soon.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs from Baltimore.


11 comments:

Valerie Ratliff said...

You are totally rocking it this year. The attic is looking great. I can't wait to see the finished room.

We have spent the last two weekends working on outdoor siding and laying the floor in the master bathroom. I need to get back to painting if we could get the central heat hooked up.

I love your teal.

Hugs back at you from Oklahoma,

Valerie

Carol Z said...

I'm exhausted looking at all you've done. Know that everything is going to look fabulous.

Liz said...

Congrats on paying off your house! You sure are busy getting everything redone! I really like the teal colored paint. Have fun finishing up the rest!

Diane Lynn said...

Hard work pays off when you walk in when it's finished and you feel so satisfied! Great job Leslie!

Blondie's Journal said...

Keep up the good work...you should see our basement!

I love the steps!! :)

Jane xxx

Lynn said...

That's a big project! I know it will look great when you get done though:@)

Theresa said...

WOW, that's a HUGE job and you have really done a lot! Aren't you happy to be getting all of that cleared out, fresh paint and organization in progress? Yep, I am doing similar on a much smaller scale:) Have a blessed day dear friend, GREAT JOB!

Melinda said...

Wow, wow, wow!
It is going to look
super when you are
finished!

M : )

It's me said...

Wowww what a great job...can't wait till it is finished ...love Ria...x!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

WOW! You go girl! You are making great progress and will be pleased with the finished room

Bmore Bungalow said...

Leslie what a lovely transformation. The space looks so warm and cozy. I really like the curtains you made. It's too bad you don't like the paint color. Maybe if you sit with it, it will grow on you. That's happened to me before. I think the color looks very nice.