Monday, January 5, 2015

Phew.. two more down


Mama is on a roll!!

Craft nook ~  Done!



 I picked these shelves up at target last week
one was intended for my closet but I ended up needing it here more.


Everything has been thinned out and each bin and drawer neatly organized.
AGAIN


One of my favorite things that grace the shelves is this old photo of my girls..
such sweet little faces!!!!


I've got my romance manuscripts handy and ready to work on.
There are about 600 pages in that white binder that need to be edited and finished before this year ends.


Sheeeesh...  one job down!!!

*

Before all of my secrets come out of the closet and you get the wrong idea...
I am always cleaning.
I just don't tend to spend to much time on the stuff that people can't see.
Like cupboards, drawers, closets and basements.. 
Yuck.

And also..
I promise you
I am NOT a HOARDER!

I swear!


Having said that..
all of this stuff came out of one little closet.


This was a job that I have been dreading for a while years.
I find my closet overwhelming
So..  I just close the door and ignore it for a while.
Or until I need that one shoe that is buried on the bottom somewhere.


First thing I did was start pulling everything out.
Piles and piles of shoes, purses, clothes, scarves, and more shoes and purses and scarves.
I'm starting to see a pattern here. 
I think I like shoes and purses and scarves.

Once everything was out and I nearly killed myself tripping over everything
(Ok.. I'm exaggerating ~I only fell once and twisted my ankle twice.)
I realized that there was a lot of wasted space above the rod where the clothes hang.

And that rod, by the way,  is a peace of crap.
No wonder the hangers always fell off..  It's a fence post.
and yes, guilty again.. it came with the house 30 years ago.



 Leaving my bedroom a huge disaster, 
 I was off to my favorite store,  Home depot,  in search of new rods.
I bought two,   the first one hung close to the ceiling and the 2nd midway down.

I also picked up these colorful Martha Stewart bins for small accessories.
scarves, swimsuits, purses and hats, gloves and mittens


  keep, trash, goodwill ~  that was my method.

 I told myself that I didn't need any more then 10.
10 pair of shoes..  10 purses..  10 sweaters..   

I ended up with 2 bags of garbage
and this stuff for the goodwill.


Of course I had to keep the hot pink leather jacket and the faux leopard print coat


and all of my trade mark polka dots!  : )


Cue the white christmas lights.. 

The closet is clean and organized!!


And holy cow.. 
I can actually open the door all of the way!!  : )

Happy Organizing friends.

My next target..  the cupboards.




17 comments:

Lynn said...

If you're free next weekend could you head north??? Congrats on getting a few things crossed off the list, my biggest problem seems to be just getting started... Hope you took some time to watch the Ravens, I'm sure it would be nice to still have your team in the running:@)

Chris said...

Wow! Both areas look great!

Dee said...

Wow, you did an excellent job with your craft room and closet. I love your organizational skills and the lights strung in the ceiling of the closet was a fabulous idea... :)

It's me said...

O wowwww you did a great job !!!....love from me Ria...happy week !!..x !

Valerie Ratliff said...


I love it. You have been getting so much done. I would have never thought of the Christmas lights, genius!!!! We still need to buy rods for our closet it's in the middle of getting painted right now but everything keeps taking forever because of our frozen water. I'm in love with your craft room.

Hugs from Oklahoma

Mrs.Rabe said...

That's awesome, Leslie! I like both your closet redo and the crafting shelves! I keep a clean house too, but those hidden spaces can get quiet, shall we say, disastrous? Lol. Actually not so bad but I find I need to sort out every 6 months or so. I'm a piler. That's my system, not so great a system though! ha!

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting! Come back often!

Deanna

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

I need to share some of my mess too! My attic! I was going to clean it Friday but my little boy woke up sick... Your craft area and closet looks awesome! I know it makes you feel good to have it done! And the polka dot shirts look so cute! I like polka dots too. Have a good week!

Melinda said...

Umm...after you go to Lynn's
could you come to Kansas?

Please!!!!!

Congrats.

M : )

The Happy Whisk said...

Looks fantastic. Well done, you.

Theresa said...

Oh my goodness, that is a wonderful craft area! I SOOOOOOOO need to do the same thing! My closet? Looks like your before picture! The job is TOO big but I MUST tackle it! Enjoy your neatly organized craft room and closet! AWESOME job! HUGS!

Melanie said...

Awesome!! Looks great!!! :)
I'm the same way - I'm utterly ruthless with cleaning and organizing things out in the open but a little, uhhhh, lax when it comes to closets. As long as it all fits in there and the door still closes...........lol

Gloria said...

Hi Leslie,
Beautiful job! My closet is my most dreaded TO DO project as well!!! Ugghh..;) You have inspired me to get started!

Your kitchen is so adorable! thanks for sharing...Happy New Year!

Blessings to you, Gloria

Carol Z said...

You are so inspiring me. I've made big progress on closets and drawers, but craft supplies are definitely on the list. Sort, discard and sort some more.

Cranberry Morning said...

Congratulations! This is a job I desperately need to get done. Ack. I am procrastinating, of course. It's my least favorite thing. But I do know it feels great to have it behind you. Love Barbie standing in the closet to greet you when you open the door. :-) Nice touch! lol

Liz said...

Why oh why do we let our closets get to that point?! I am just as guilty! I think the right storage containers sure help keep everything organized. The craft room looks great! That is my goal for this month.

Brandi said...

I bet it feels good to be better organized. It's an ongoing battle in my house.

Mamaw's Place said...

I have been organizing since the first of the year. It's been a slow process but I am nearly done.