Thursday, January 1, 2015

happy new year

Happy New Year Friends!!!!!

I know... it's the first day of the new year and I am pushing it with the heart header.
Call it me getting a head start as I attempt to catch up on my blogging.

It's been a busy last week of December.. 
entertaining, cleaning, dinner dates, organizing, shopping...
you know how it goes.
I did manage to get two rooms cleaned and back to normal
and I am still working on the basement, living room and porch.
Currently I am organizing my craft nook ~  yikes!!!
I swear, it's never ending.


Last week I made a few little changes to the kitchen..
and wow ~  did they make a big impact!
I've been wanting to trade out the kitchen table for an island for a while 
but, since we eat together at that table,  I've always been to afraid to do it.

Here is the kitchen back in the fall...


and here it is now with the island.


It doesn't look like it,  but it really brightens up the room and gives us a ton more space.


Lots more space to bake these pineapple upside down cake bars


 I've had that island for a while,
 My mother in law gave it to us a few years ago
and I've been using it out in my craft room as a work table.
( needless to say, since I stole it from the porch..  my craft area is a mess!
Hence the reason I am cleaning it out now )

The only thing that I had to buy were the $60.00 stools from IKEA.
and of course, I couldn't leave IKEA without that cute little rug.

The first thing that Paul said when he saw it was that he could see us,
two old people sitting there together having breakfast.  
I like that idea.
a lot!


Now that we can't all sit together in the kitchen, 
 we are forced to make use out of that beautiful dining room table.
The only time we ever have dinner there is on holidays!!

Speaking of the dining room...
She is all dressed up for winter.

 I added some snowflakes and icicles to the branches...
They give off such a nice light at night..  I'm gonna leave them up all winter long.


I love this time of the new year when we are in cleaning are organizing mode.
The end of the holiday season always marks the beginning of the season of me wanting to build stuff and redo everything.  I get a little crazy.  : )

One thing is certain ~ 2015 is starting with a well organized house!!

I didn't make any resolutions for 2015
but I did make a few easy goals for myself.

3 goals.

Organize this house, 
Drink more water 
&
write more often

Easy enough. 

Have a wonderful, safe and healthy 2015!!!!
Thank you for hanging tough with me through the roller coaster of 2014.
xo


17 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Very nice header and post. And you're not pushing it at all. I just tonight made Valentine Biscuits for the girls, and as soon as I take my xmas stuff done, hearts are going up.

Muhahahaha.

Blondie's Journal said...

Happy New Year, Leslie! I love all of your changes and the island is absolutely wonderful! I wanted one for so long...good for you!

Jane xxx

Lynn said...

I love the new island in the kitchen, it looks beautiful! Also love your wintery touches. I just put Christmas away yesterday, the snowmen come out today:@) Happy New Year-have fun!

It's me said...

Happy new year....in good health...lots of love joy and peace....love Ria...!!

Wendi said...

Love the island. What a difference it makes in your kitchen!

Wishing you a wonderful New Year filled with sweet memories!

Valerie Ratliff said...

Gosh I love it when men are romantic like that. The kitchen looks great and so does the dining room.

Happy New Year

Valerie Ratliff said...

Gosh I love it when men are romantic like that. The kitchen looks great and so does the dining room.

Happy New Year

Melanie said...

I think it looks just lovely. And your dining room table is too nice not to be used regularly so it works out just great. :)
Happy new year!

Deb Hrabik said...

What a great kitchen update. Love the white island.
Deb

Melinda said...

The island looks great!
Whst a better reason to
have to use the dining room!

Happy New Year!

Get you card stuff together it will
be time to do tbe Valentine card
Shower soon!

M : )

Theresa said...

LOVE the kitchen island! We sit at our kitchen table and seldom use the dining room either! Enjoy your organizing, I am doing the same thing and it feels SO good:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Earlene L. said...

Wow!!! tHE ISLAND LOOKS GREAT!!!!
Your home is so pretty and cozy!!
~Happy New Year

Carol Z said...

I've got the same goals for 2015 and just a couple more. Wishes for a wonderful year ahead.

Jann Olson said...

Wow, the island really does look great there! I love your flowers in the tomato tin and your Wintry touches are all just gorgeous!
hugs,
Jann

bj said...

What an adorable kitchen ...so cute and warm and homey. I just love it.
The island is amazing .....and your pineapple bars are making me HUNGRY!!

Ana said...

Oh Leslie, love, love, love the island! Your kitchen looks like a brand new room. Oh and love your choice of stools...Hee, hee, hee....Maybe because they're the same ones I'm using for my kitchen peninsula :-) Great designing minds, huh? Happy New Year my sweet friend.

Hugs,
❤️Ana

Angela V. said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one thinking hearts already!