Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A beautiful simple life







Life is beautiful when it's simple.   I am learning that more and more each day.  

 I've been cleaning up my life...  and I gotta say,  Changing me ~ it's a tough yet amazing journey.

Body, mind and surroundings,  it's all a work in progress.

 

For a few weeks I've been working out with a guy who... I like to joke, is trying to kill me.

  "Come on Soldier,  You can do it!"   I want to cry and my arms tremble against the weight as he encourages me to work harder.  I am aware of every aching muscle in my body..  oddly enough,  it feels good.  It feels good to know that I am taking care of me.   Each morning I wake up trying to think of a good excuse not to go...  and each morning I find myself back there taking orders from a guy that looks like a linebacker for the Baltimore Ravens.  I am doing it.. building up my strength for the foundation toward a better me.



I've even traded in my daily super sized diet soda for countless quarts of water.



For a few months I've been cleaning up my mind.  Letting go of the past and purging away the things that aren't relevant in my life. A lot of positive intentions and countless teary eyed late night conversations with god..  I let go of the baggage and the guilt and found my spirit again.  A spirit that is whole, loving, happy and simple.   A spirit that no longer dwells on regrets...  but basks in the joy of each moment.

How does that saying go?   Clear the mind and the rest will follow. 





The rest is following...   and this job, simplifying my surroundings,  is proving to be more fulfilling then I would have ever expected.   closets, clothes, cabinets, drawers..  they've all been thinned out and organized.   This old house is big...  (at least it is when I have to clean it).   There are two floors in this house that go wasted.  The basement and the attic.   Since we paid our house off a few months ago,  we look at it differently.  It's ours.  For as long or little that we choose to stay here..  It belongs to us.   It's a great feeling.  It's made us want to utilize all of the great space that we have. 

While the man has claimed the basement...   I have finally started to task of converting the attic into a functional living space.   It's been a closet for 20+ years now.  

Crazy enough..  I don't feel those emotional attachments to things that I used to have.  They gotta go!



It's all part of cleaning up my life... 



 time to get rid of stuff to make room for moments.  











 This is where I'll be..  simplifying my life while turning this space into an amazing room. 

of course,  I plan to bring you all along  ~  I can't wait to show you the changes.



Hope that you all are living that simple beautiful life... 

 letting go of the things that are weighing you down  ~  it's an amazing feeling. 



As I leave you..   I want to share my youngest daughter's beautiful voice.    I could listen to her sing all day long..   Oh wait ~  I do!  : )



Have a wonderful day friends.






13 comments:

Valerie Ratliff said...

I'm so excited you are getting to your attic. When I first read your blog through I remember you talking about it. Glad you are getting the house all together. I am busting it around mine and it just keeps going and going. Your daughter's voice is beautiful.

Hugs from Oklahoma,

Valerie

BumbleBeeLane said...

Lucky you to get to hear that beautiful singing all the time. You're making such big steps to your goals. You go girl! ★★★~Amy

Lynn said...

Sounds like you're off to a good start for 2015, have fun upstairs! No linebackers here, but I did get myself a treadmill:@)

Wendi said...

I couldn't agree more! It a little slow going around here, but I am working on it. We are currently working in Megan's room. Lots of stuff has been purged and paint is the next step. Megan keeps talking about how big her room is and how much she loves it. There is still too much stuff (that was moved to another room) and when we put things back more thinning will happen. It is soooo freeing!

I can't wait to see the attic progress. That is going to be a great space!

Melinda said...

Great job, my friend.
Keep it up.

Looking forward to you cards, don't
forget to let me know the card maker names.

M : )

Theresa said...

Listening to that beautiful voice while I am typing this comment! OH MY GOODNESS, what talent! I am cleaning out my storage room/junk room and I must say it feels GREAT! One tub at a time:) Have a blessed day, can't wait to watch as you transform that room! HUGS!

Vanja Holm said...

Your daughter has a beautiful voice!

Well done you for clearing everything out and getting in shape! Keep it up!

I keep trying to go through my boxes of things at my mum's when I'm there, and although I do manage to throw a few things out I still have much more than I actually need to keep. A lot of the time I don't think it's an emotional attachment that keeps me from throwing it but guilt. I feel guilty throwing things away, even when I'm donating things. Especially if it's something that someone has given to me as a gift that I no longer want/need. I should just get someone else to throw everything out for me really, if it's still boxed up I haven't really had much use for it right?

White Lace and Promises said...

Sounds like you're on target. I just told someone today. I'm decluttering the mind but the hands and feet haven't caught on yet. Thanks for the encouragement.

Pam said...

Way to go, Leslie! There's nothing like organizing and getting rid of stuff, and I resist the urge to buy more "stuff" unless I truly need it. Doing the same with the mind is good also, and I need to do that. Can't wait to see what you do with your space, I know it will be awesome!

Sherry said...

Sounds like you're really challenging yourself!

Diane Lynn said...

Leslie, your daughter's voice is so delicate and beautiful! Loved the cover!

Melanie said...

Whoa! That does look like a project...and a half. I'm sure it will be fabulous when you are done!! :)

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

This made my heart happy as I am travelling the same path!
(((hugs)))
Leslie