Friday, December 5, 2014

The little porch tree


Good Morning.
Happy FRIDAY!!!

I am looking forward to this weekend.  Tonight we are getting our Christmas tree. 
The living room tree aka the santa tree is a sign that christmas is near.    
The rest of the weekend I will be cleaning, putting some final christmas touches around the house, doing a little baking and heading out to do some christmasing in DC.   Should be fun.

I want to tell you that things have been busy around here.. but,  well..  
the decorating process has been slow,  the dinning out and eating junk with my husband has been plenty, and the naps on the sofa have been abundant.
It's December ~  It's allowed.  : )








































Isn't this little tree just adorable!

I hadn't planned on putting a tree out on the porch this year..
and then I saw it! 

The porch is all done.  I kept it simple and colorful.

Of course, I hung the snowflakes from the ceiling again.
I can't not hang them..
They make me too happy.

























I tucked some fresh greens around and hung a couple of sets of those old time chunky lights that were not being used... 

The big lights take me back to those simple days of my childhood. 

















































It is a happy room ~  If i get all of my work done early enough today,  ( I reeeeally need to do something today)  I think I may lay out here and read the Christmas book that I've been neglecting.















  





















How you like that little paintnig?
I made it a few weeks ago.   It was actually very easy to paint.
Of course,  I had to glitter it up!!!





































That's it from here today  ~  I am off to catch up on some blogs before I have to drive the little scholar to school.

Be happy and have a wonderful weekend everyone!


Linking up with Share your cup Thursday  ~  there are always so many gorgeous ideas over there!!






16 comments:

Lynn said...

Aw... Lovin' your little tree! I saw some at the store the other day and really wanted one myself. As a matter of fact... Maybe I'll get one for my studio (where I spend time at the computer), the smell would be amazing! Have a great weekend:@)

Pam said...

You amaze me all the time! I so love your style and flair. You need to start a decorating business if you haven't already. The big lights are great and perfect just draped on the ladder with greenery and the elf. Your porch is awesome and HAPPY for sure! Have a great weekend, Leslie!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Those big lights instantly bring back childhood Christmas memories! I love your little tree and I would sit on your porch and read too - so pretty :-)

Theresa said...

Oh I love it all:) Your painting is precious! The snowflakes are a great idea too! Enjoy your weekend dear friend! Sending HUGS your way!

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

Love your little tree in porch, so cute. Love the ladder with lights too!

Valerie Ratliff said...

Love it. Didn't you used to have letters that said relax?

Ana said...

You always do a great job decorating your porch Leslie. Love the snowflakes too. I think they are my favorite. Every year for the past few years I have been putting up simple cutout paper snowflakes on my windows and they are my favorite because they make me smile and happy too. Everything looks very festive. Love your Joy painting. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
❤️Ana

Diane Lynn said...

Leslie,

I love how your porch tree came out with all the bright and cheery colors! It looks great! The row of coffee pots and greenery is a cute look too!
Please stop by my blog for a Christmas surprise.

White Lace and Promises said...

What a lovely festive room! I love the ladder with the elves and the colored bulb lights. I wanted to do something with them this Christmas. How fun!

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I just love your porch... all the time! But this is just the sweetest bit of Christmas I've seen today. So fresh and simple. That day bed w/quilt KILLS ME! I love seeing it...

It's me said...

Beautiful decorations ....love from me Ria...x!

The Happy Whisk said...

Wow, it all looks wonderful. Great feel to everything.

Well done, you.

Happy Christmas.

Brandi said...

I love your happy room and all of your cheerful decorations!

Diane Lynn said...

Leslie,
Congrats on winning my giveaway! Stop by my blog and email me your info and I will send your gift on it's way!

Liz said...

That porch would be my happy place for sure! Those big snowflakes are just awesome! I like the glittered up picture, that sure makes is sparkle! Enjoy your cozy spot!

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

I love the colors you have used and that tree is fabulous!!! Everything looks so festive and joyful! Hugs, Beverly