Monday, December 22, 2014

catching up with a win, a birthday and christmas

Good morning friends.
Happy Monday!
Happy Christmas eve eve eve.

Is everyone ready for the big day?
The spoonful house is ready.
The menu is complete, gifts are wrapped and under the tree, the stocking are filled ..
Now we wait. 

Since I am so far behind in my blogging I'm gonna load this post full of pictures.
I have lots of catching up to do.

The first thing that I want to share with you is the beautiful gift that I received from my friend Diane over at The checked apple.
Weeks ago, Diane hosted a lovely give away for one of her hand painted beauties and I won.


isn't it a charm!


If you get a moment, stop by and say hello to Diane.
Her blog and decor is always gorgeous.

*

 Next..  Birthday fun.
Thank you for the birthday wishes.
43 is going to be a great year.

As if knowing that I have have his love and support weren't enough,
Paul completely spoiled me. 
He gave me the greatest gift of a night out.

Since we were sick on my birthday,  
we celebrated a few days later with a night spent at our favorite hotel downtown.
(Just 10 minutes away from home and our girls)

As much as I miss having little people around the house..
I love this stage that we're in now.
Paul and I date again and it is so much fun.

We checked in to our room,
  went out for a delicious dinner on the water front, did some shopping, strolled the harbor, went to a few  night spots in the city and we were back, enjoying a drink in our window by midnight.


I take the worst selfies... 
but this polka dotted coat makes up for it!!!!
Isn't it adorable!


Those who know me
know that I loooove Tequila!!!!


It was a perfect night.

With an impending to-do list and a delivery scheduled for the early morning,
we were back home and settled in by 9am. 

The delivery...  wonder what it was?
let me just say that this is going to be the longest winter ever!

Paul spoiled me even more with this beautiful paddle board.
Even the boys were excited!!!
  
As soon as the weather breaks.. 
You know where I'll be!!!

I am so grateful for this man and everything that he does for me.
I really don't require anything but his love.
...although this board is pretty AMAZING!

*

I'll leave you with a few more random pictures from around the house..  



Merry Christmas dear friends.
Love you all.


13 comments:

Gina said...

Your home looks wonderful all decked out for the holidays. I love that gum ball machine...very clever!

Looks like you had a fantastic birthday! That's an awesome way to celebrate. Love the polka dot coat!

BumbleBeeLane said...

Sounds like a wonderful night out. Glad you are feeling better. Warm Blessings! Amy

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Love the coat - I am bad at selfies too, but you look so cute! Great photos of life lately :-)

Diane Lynn said...

Leslie,
Glad you are feeling better and were able to get out and have some fun! I think your polka dot coat would make any night special. It looks great!

Happy belated birthday to you! Have a great Christmas & a safe, healthy and happy New Year!

Valerie Ratliff said...

I always love your dog pic.s. I need to take more of my crew again. So glad you had a wonderful birthday. What an amazing hubby you have. Merry Christmas to you and your.

Hugs from Oklahoma,

Valerie

It's me said...

I wish you a Merry Merry Christmas and a happy new year ..!!...love from me Ria...x!❤️❤️❤️

Madelief said...

Your home looks wonderful Deb! Great selfie too. I have been looking for a coat like yours for ages :-)

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Madelief x

Theresa said...

Merry Christmas to you too dear friend! What a happy post! Love seeing your fun time out with the hubby and the awesome gift he got for you:) Lucky Lady! Enjoy your time leading up to Christmas! HUGS!

The Happy Whisk said...

Happy Christmas & Oogie Boogie New Year :-)

Melinda said...

Great celebrations!
It is good to get away but
good to get back home.
The gumball machine is sooooo
cute.

Merry Christmas to and yours!

M : )

Melanie said...

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

My cozy ✄ little space said...

Lovely blog!

Angela ~ Call Her Blessed said...

What a fun night out! I love little get-aways like that. Also, the coat is super cute! Blessings.