Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A new year and fresh pallet


I'm feeling nostalgic today.  It's my 43rd birthday and I am excited to start a fresh new year.
 I've got my favorite Christmas music playing loudly as I attempt to clean up this house.    I gotta tell you..  It's a mess!  The spoonful house has been under attack by the nasty flu bug.   It has slowly knocked each one of us off of our feet. 

This is where we've spent the last four days!  The dogs weren't complaining...  anytime they get to snuggle in the bed is good for them. 


 I'm still not quite myself...  
I am moving in a slow pace,  everything is hazy,   but it sure feels good to be up and around.

And I did clean off one counter top..  that counts for something!


I'm sick of being sick!
Back to my birthday...

Wooohooo,  I never thought that I would be so excited to see another year.
I've been preparing for this day for a while.. 
42 was hard! 
I learned many lessons..  I learned a lot about myself,  a lot about love, about faith,
 and even lessons that I didn't want to learn. 
Some lessons took me a while to figure them out..   but once i "got it", 
they've made me a better stronger person.

Welcome 43 ~ 
 Time to take everything thing that I've learned and live and love to life's fullest.
Time to bury and say goodbye to the past.



What will I do on this 43rd year...  

Savor every moment with my family.
I will drink more water.
Finish writing my recent romance.
get a short funky hair haircut.
travel with my paddle board
 ~ smile ~


Have a great day everyone!!!!
I will be back soon with some pretties to show you.  
xoxo






12 comments:

Valerie Ratliff said...

So glad you are better. I was wondering where you were at. Happy Birthday. I hope it is super special.

Hugs from Oklahoma,

Valerie

It's me said...

Happy birthday....enjoy have fun....love from me Ria....x!

The Happy Whisk said...

Happy Birthday

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday and YOU FEEL BETTER, OK? I hope all will be well in your household and you will get that spring back in your step! HUGS and PRAYERS coming your way:)

Melinda said...

So sorry to hear that the Spoonful's have sick. Not good!

Happy Birthday to YOU! Here's hoping that this is a much better
year than last. Have a great one.

M :)

Lynn said...

Glad to hear your're feeling better! Happy B-Day!!! And Sharky is such a good boy:@)

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Hope you had a great birthday! I'm glad you're feeling better. I would love to get a short funky haircut and boy do I need to drink more water.. Here's to a New Year!

BumbleBeeLane said...

Happy Birthday! I have a dog who honestly thinks that he is attached to my butt and if he is not snuggled in as close as he can.get he must be lost. So snuggle sick days and pj days are the best in his eyes. Ha! Feel better. Virtual chicken soup sent your way.

BumbleBeeLane said...

Happy Birthday! I have a dog who honestly thinks that he is attached to my butt and if he is not snuggled in as close as he can.get he must be lost. So snuggle sick days and pj days are the best in his eyes. Ha! Feel better. Virtual chicken soup sent your way.

Earlene L. said...

Happy Birthday Leslie!!!!!
Do we get to see the new haircut?
oxox
Earlene

Karen said...

Happy Birthday, Leslie! I love that you are embracing the brand new year ahead and have made some fantastic goals. Can't wait to see the new haircut. Blessings on your day and the year ahead.

Melanie said...

Happy slightly-belated Birthday!!!!! :)