Tuesday, November 4, 2014

New Dining room


Oooh... I am so excited!
It's an election day and it's also time for me to show you the new dining room.

I was gonna save the  farmhouse table for last..
but I can't.  
I love it sooooooo much!!
I gotta show you now!



I have to be honest with you,  I'm a bit intimidated by it.
This is the very first dining table that we've ever bought. 
( They've all been hand-me-downs)
With it's old reclaimed wood.. it is so big and nice
and I am sooooo afraid that it's gonna get messed up.


The chairs are the same ones that we had before.
They've been primed and painted black to match the table.
Looks like that were born to be with this table.

I guess that I should add a before picture.
Remember this...   this was the room last week.


The computer has been dismantled and it and the desk have been evicted.
The walls and chandilier painted.
The curtains changed to a more neutral color.
The china cabinet in the back corner.. distroyed!
The bird, his huge bird cage and all of his lovely feathers have also gotten the boot.
oh.. and all of my little spooky friends have been nestled in their beds awaiting next Halloween.


With everything all fresh and clean,
It was fun getting the new room all dressed up for Thanksgiving.


The Macy's Snow globe that I purchased at Macy's on 34th street is still one of my favorite decorations.
I usually put it on display from November through New Years day.

 Looking at it.. I can imagine standing on the NYC streets looking up at those giant balloons .
Some day !


Of course, I've got the turkey plates out. 
For the first time in forever,  I haven't actually set the table.

 

And the Futch..  Fake Hutch.

It turned out pretty good. 
 The shelves give me a lot of space to decorate and play with.

 

In this corner is a bucket and folding table that I bought at Target last week.
I went shopping in search of a wine rack ..
but as soon as I saw this bucket, I fell in love with it.


I kept the Chesapeake Bay picture in the dining room..  
Isn't it a gorgeous picture..
The bay represents so much of our lives and history.. 
 It's only fitting that we represent it on our wall.

How many more months until boating season starts again?


I need to find a 6th windsor chair for the end of the table.
I used to see them at consignment shops all of the time.
Now that I need one..   I wonder if I'll find it. 




How funky is the mason jar chandy...
I wasn't sure how i felt about it at first.
But now that the room is put together...  
I love it.


I painted this piece of wood probably 20 years ago. 
I have a love and appreciation for coal and the people who work with it.
So many men in my family supported their family by working in coal mines..
and then of course, 
there's my hard working husband who has been in the coal industry for over 30 years.  
Like the Chesapeake..  Coal is a huge part of our lives.


Decorating the table top was fun!
I was so overwhelmed that I couldn't decide what to set the table with.


 I added some fake pumpkins and leaves,  real pine cones and leaves from the yard
and of course...  some glitz and glitter.  


As I can't help but to think ahead to Christmas, 
I've already ordered some super cool things to make a warm christmassy table top.
hooray for EBAY!!!


I hope that you all enjoyed seeing our new room.
I can't stop looking at it. 
I tend to walk in circles around the table a lot lately!  : )

Have a great Wednesday Friends!!!!  
 




17 comments:

Valerie Ratliff said...

It's so beautiful. Farmhouse tables are my favorite. I love the story of everything in the room. Hmmm you forgot to share a picture of that pretty ceiling. The ceiling is so beautiful.

Hope all is well. I'm painting in super cold weather too.

Hugs from Oklahoma,

Valerie

P.S. More pics please

It's me said...

Like your table and chairs...!!...like the decoration on it....!...but most of all i like your mason jars ...Light ...!!!...leslie !!!....love from me ...happy wednesday...x!

Lynn said...

The room looks great and your new table is very pretty! I predict lots of great family meals-enjoy:@)

BumbleBeeLane said...

Wow! It all looks so wonderful! Warm Blessings! Amy

Gina said...

It's beautiful, Leslie! I love farm tables. One of the best things we ever bought! Your whole room looks great & I love the chandy & all the meaningful touches throughout.

Freckled Hen said...

So pretty! That table is beautiful and the chairs painted black are perfect. You are an inspiration to me...maybe I will find the stamina to start peeling our 1983 wallpaper out of our dining room.
And that ceiling is amazing!

Sandy Rowe said...

Love the new dining room with the fall decorations! Beautiful!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

So warm and comfortable with prints that mean something to you displayed on the walls. The table is perfect for family celebrations :-)

Theresa said...

I'm in love and I can't stop looking at it either! Enjoy the view every chance you get! LOVE that table! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Melinda said...

It looks AWESOME!

Check Craigslist for your chair.

M : )

Madelief said...

Love your new table and Autumn decorations Leslie!! Enjoy!

Madelief x

Mamaw's Place said...

Oh, I love it all! You have some awesome decor. I wish I had your talent.

Ana said...

Love, love, love your new dinning room table Leslie. My dinning room table and chairs are also black and I love how that gives it a farmhouse feel to it. You have all the reason to be excited about your new dining room...it turned out beautiful. Happy November my friend.

Hugs,
❤️Ana

How Sam Sees It said...

It's gorgeous - I can see why you are so proud of it.

Since you a missing a chair for the head of the table, I'd recommend a mis-match. We always had that growing up and it really seemed to add something to the dining room.

Monty and Harlow

Karen said...

I love it! The "futch" is an awesome idea. I really want to paint my hutch black, and seeing this room makes me more determined than ever. Your table decorations are beautiful. I can never seem to get that part right. You have a knack for it.

Melanie said...

It looks FABULOUS. Like something out of a Martha magazine. Good job!!!! :)

Cottage Dreaming and Flea Market Wishes said...

so beautiful!