Saturday, November 1, 2014

makeover time


Happy November!!

I hope that everyone had a fun Halloween!!  

I spent the evening working around the house ( and at Target) while Paul worked, 
 Michelle went to Frozen on ice and
Zombie Sally had a good time Halloween partying with her friends



It was very uneventful around here.
For me.. it's the prelude ~  I love the weeks before Halloween.

I'd love to tell you that I made the monster feet meatloaf that I had planned.
But i didn't.
I ordered quick yummy Chinese food instead.


I'm exhausted... 
I've been cleaning and painting and organizing and hanging and building...  
and hardly sleeping.

The Halloween decor in the dining room has been gone since Wednesday. 
I have a new dining table coming and I needed to give the room a good cleaning - painting before the delivery date.   I painted the room a neutral cream and turned the red chandelier into black.

Check out the mason jars that I added.



 I demolished our old china cabinet.
It was a piece of  junk...  all that I had to do was push it over and it imploded.
I've been searching for a new hutch to makeover but haven't been able to find anything.
There is that instant gratification thing again..  I must have something now!
So.. I decided on doing something else.
Home depot ~ here I come AGAIN.


 I had this old dry sink out on the porch and figured that I should utilize it.


After a bit of leveling and measuring, project fake hutch is done and decorated already.
 I can't wait to show you the finished results.


But not just yet..   Lets wait until the new table arrives
and then I will give you the complete tour.  

Oh..  and since I repainted the dining room 
I just had to do the living room too!

It's half done...  hopefully finish it up tonight. 

Have a wonderful weekend friends.
I will be in to catch up with everyone soon.



11 comments:

Valerie Ratliff said...

This looks great. I love the mason jars can't wait to see the reveal. Hugs from Oklahoma Valerie

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Your energy is astounding!
I chuckled at the thought of all your decorating fever for Halloween only to take it down 2 days prior!
I think I'd be the same way!

I can't wait to see your faux Hutch!
and dining room with your new table.

Lynn said...

Looks like you've been busy, love the hutch idea:@)

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Oh my gosh! We sound like the same person! I'm always changing things and painting things and moving things... I can't wait to see your new dining room! Happy November!

Brenda Little said...

Thanks for visiting Halloween Every Day. You do sound busy but your Chinese feast for dinner sounds like the perfect solution for those of us who take on too much...

Theresa said...

I can't wait to see the dining room all finished:) Enjoy your day dear friend and don't work too hard! HUGS!

Bmore Bungalow said...

Love the addition of the mason jars to the chandelier. So cute!

White Lace and Promises said...

I wish I had a tad bit of your talent. I know it is going to be great!

Bmore Bungalow said...

Hi Leslie. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You are right I have a LOT to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. As do you...with such a lovely family. Here's a pic of my little one. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I'm such a proud new mom :-) http://bmorebungalow.blogspot.com/2014/10/happy-halloween.html

bj said...

This is one of my favorite hutch looks and can't wait to see the finished project.
you sure are working hard...all that painting. :)

Melanie said...

All that work, I'd order Chinese, too. Plenty of time for meatloaf over the winter. :)