Sunday, November 16, 2014

Hot chocolate tailgating


What do you do for a bunch of teenagers who were determined to go rock hopping through the stream on a cold day?   You meet them with a hatch filled with warm goodies.



The kids all wanted to meet up at a local park and celebrate Sally's birthday outdoors.
Crazy kids.
 
 It was a good excuse for me to break out the vintage thermoses.


Hot chocolate is no good without MARSHMALLOWS!
lots and lots of marshmallows.



They were all gracious and happy at the goodies that I surprised them with. 
Like magic,  the cookies disappeared within a blink of an eye.


Here are some of the group.
   The red haired cutie standing beside sally is her best friend,
They've been besties since Kindergarten. 
   Although they attend different high schools and don't get to see each other as often as they'd like.. 
  their friendship still remains strong.


The rest of the group are kids from Sally's junior class.  
Knowing that she has such a great group of friends makes me happy.
 : ) 

I would say that Sally had a great 16th birthday celebration.
I sure enjoyed it!
Friday was her actual birthday and she and I spent the day in New York City.
Once I steal some photos from her computer..  I share more of that trip.
It was an awesome time!!  

Hope that you all are having a great weekend.
Stay warm.

xo
 

10 comments:

Melinda said...

oh how fun! I bet they DID enjoy those yummies.
Can't wait to see what you two gals did in NYC!

Have a warm Sunday.

M :)

Lynn said...

I'll bet they had a blast and the hot chocolate was a welcome surprise:@) Happy B-Day Sally!

It's me said...

It look like fun to me....yammie...have a Nice sunday....love Ria...x!

Kris said...

What fun! You make me miss the days when my kids were teens. Our house was hangout central! They did lots of bonfires out in the grove, and I loved having them all here. The parents were all good too, knowing that I kept an eagle eye on them!
Your spread looked delicious and cozy and I am sure they devoured it in no time at all!!
xo Kris

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

Sounds like so much fun! Love those vintage thermoses too!

Liz said...

Glad thats how those kids chose to spend a 16th birthday. Great mom for providing the hot chocolate and all of the extras! Cool vintage thermos!

Lee Ann said...

Happy birthday to your sweet girl! I didn't realise our kids were so close in age! My son is 16 in one month! (Although I am firmly in denial!) looks like everyone had a great time x

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

What a fun idea! Nothing better than hot chocolate and cookies from the back of a car. Can't wait to see your NYC photos :-)

Pam said...

Bet they had a blast! It sounds like great fun and pic of them is great! Have a good week!

The Happy Whisk said...

Lots of fun going on here. Very cool.