Saturday, November 29, 2014

An outdoor Christmas in the dining room


 

Hello lovely faces!
Did everyone have a nice Thanksgiving?

Here in the Spoonful house...  Thanksgiving was extraordinary.
Calm & Peaceful,  with family, good friends, fantastic food and lots to be thankful for.  
Probably the best Holiday that I can remember in a looooong time.

...  and the turkey
 This year I covered  it in bacon...   ahhhhhh!
DELICIOUS!!!!


It has been a difficult past few weeks... 
and you bloggers have not helped!!!
Why..
Because I've been dying to dig my greedy little hands into the boxes of Christmas decorations!!

The morning after Thanksgiving this girl was ready to roll.
Shopping with all of those crazy people out there..   heck no!

The only chaos going on around here was the Wise Men kicking the Pilgrims to the curb.
Sorry pilgrims..  

I spent the entire day in the dining room.
Of course i started there first, it is my favorite room in this house!

 Here we go... 
I'm so excited.



BE MERRY!
Something that I hope to carry along throughout this new year.
Live, Sing, Love, Smile,
Be Merry! 


If you are wondering.. 
 that was made by cutting the letters out of a brown grocery bag, adhesive and glitter.
The little lights are a battery operated set from a Christmas village.

My theme is Winter village.
Things that you would see outside in a cozy Christmas village.


..  and you would most definitely find a thermos full of hot chocolate.


and a jar of yummy marshmallows.


A lantern to light the way.


Of course you would see lots of little animals playing in the snow.




 stars and tree branches will shine over your head.





Socks and skates dry next to a toasty fire.


There are lots of warm cozy plaids to keep us warm.






The plaid plates are just cheap charger plates that I decoupaged with wrapping paper.
(and Not very well..  I should add,  but they'll work. )



And among it all.. 
 The Christmas tree shines brightly.



I hope that you all enjoyed!
I couldn't wait to share it with you..  
it was definitely worth waiting for.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else is up to!
Exciting..  I love this time of year!!!

I am off to put together a pot of Turkey and rice soup.

~ I see a bowl of hot soup, the Hallmark channel, and some blog reading in my future!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Linking up with
Share your cup
and
A Bouquet of Talent
link parties.

24 comments:

Kris said...

Absolutely enchanting Leslie!!!!! I loved it. And I even read it twice!!!!! My kinda style, for sure!!!!!!
XO Kris

Valerie Ratliff said...

Love it Leslie. The letters are adorable. The twigs are precious. I used to have a whole ceiling full in my gift shop lit up. Hadn't thought about the in a long time. Brought back great memories. Hugs.

Earlene L. said...

Oh my goodness!!!! It is beautiful Leslie!!!!!!! Going back to look again.
~~Merry Christmas~~

Theresa said...

Oh my goodness, LOVE IT ALL! Absolutely gorgeous! Love the branches lit up, that could be my fave:) Enjoy your weekend dear friend, HUGS!

Wendi said...

Oh my, that room is so inviting and cozy! I love it. Great job! :)

Brandi said...

I love it all, Leslie! Your decorations look so beautiful. Your room, warm and cozy. Love the ladder with the skates by the fire.

BumbleBeeLane said...

I couldn't wait either...smile... I love your theme reminds me of small town christmas..simple joys... I'm really crushing on the stary branches so pretty at night I'm sure. Warm Blessings! Amy

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Oh so pretty! I love all of your Christmas goodies. Everything looks so beautiful! And we Hallmark it over here at our house too... so many movies ... so little time :)

Liz said...

You sure have been busy the last 2 days! love the little winter scene displays. Your house just looks so cozy and festive. I can't wait to get my decorations out!

Melinda said...

Very festive! I like your
theme.
Hopefully decorating begins tomorrow.
Yard work was front and center today.

M : )

Lynn said...

Your diningroom looks great, very warm and welcoming! I might borrow your Be Merry saying to carry with me into the new year too:@)

Debbie Freitag said...

Absolutely stunning! So homey and inviting. I love the plaid ice skates.

Diane Lynn said...

I love your excitement and the dining room looks fabulous! Have a very merry holiday!

Madelief said...

Your dining room looks great Leslie! I am not allowed to start decorating yet. My daughters want me to wait until next weekend :-) I find it VERY difficult!!

Happy week!

madelief x

It's me said...

Beautiful de Orkater leslie....enjoy this time and don't forget be Merry ...love Ria...x!

It's me said...

Your decoratings i mean...grrrr iPads !...

White Lace and Promises said...

What a cozy touch of Christmas everywhere! I love it! Every little detail is charming.

Bmore Bungalow said...

Your Christmas decorations look great Leslie. The glowing lights on the branches look beautiful!

Ana said...

Oh Leslie, your dining room looks beautiful. I love Christmas. I have only had enough energy to put up our tree and decorate the porch this weekend but more to come next week :-) Yay! Can't wait. Happy December Leslie.

Hugs,
❤️Ana

Jann Olson said...

Oh my gosh cutie, this is to die for! You know how much I love plaid! I did a outdoor theme in our bedroom this year using my plaid thermos collection. I love the vignette you made with yours! The ladder is darling and your table is beautiful! I could go on and on, but I'll stop. lol! Thanks for sharing it with SYC. You will be featured this week. Also, love your Christmas header! Thought that I would mention that if you go to your layout where you added the Creating Christmas button that there is a box that says, shrink to size. Check that and it will make it smaller. Thanks for sharing it on your sidebar. You will be included in the giveaway!
hugs,
Jann

lambe goa said...

Thank you, this blog has added to my knowledge obat herbal mujarab It's perfect

Melanie said...

Just lovely!!!!! :)
I especially like the glittery snow and deer in the glass. Must sparkle if candles are nearby.

Susan Clayton said...

Love every little bit of this ! Visiting from SYC

Diane Lynn said...

Leslie,

I just realized I had the wrong email listed under my "About Me' page on my blog. Can you please resend me your info? Thanks and so sorry for the mishap!