Friday, October 10, 2014

Welcome to Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry


I confess that the (first) Harry potter book that my daughter recently bought me
still sits half read on the coffee table. 
I keep promising that I'll finish it..   and I will,
 I just can't sit still long enough to read it.
Plus,  just between us..  I can't see it.
I reeeeeeally need to get my eyes checked.

I know that I must have seen the movie,  or atleast parts of the movie
becuase so many parts of the book seem familiair.
I just can't seem to remember..
think i might have to get my memory checked too.  : )

I depended on my girls..
 who requested this Hogwart's themed sunporch,
  for help and ideas of what to put in this room..
Clever little wizard's that they are..  they gave me some great ideas.

 Welcome to Hogwarts.





Congratulations to all of you magical muggle born wizards and witches,
Climb out of the cupboards and gather your wands..

You've received your acceptance letter to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
... but first,  you've gotta catch it!

And be careful not to wake Aragog, 
 the giant talking spider who has crept out of the Forbidden Forest
and now dwells in Hogwarts Hall with his spawn.



Be sure to study..  There is so much to learn.
Transfiguration, herbology, potions and charms...
are just a few of the talents a wizard will earn.



Look out!  Seems that even the foulest of creatures are lurking around in the dining hall.
Don't let  Demantor suck the happiness and good feelings out of your soul.



Maybe some potions will keep you safe!



It was a tough game of Quidditch..
Now come and have a seat at the table..  drink from the golden goblet and enjoy the tripe.
Maybe Mrs Weasley will bring some of her delicious rock cake.






The sun has set and dinner has been eaten..  
it's time for us to head out for an adventure or two.

Hope that you muggles enjoyed the Hogwarts tour.
Have a magical weekend!!

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Everything looks great! Still lovin' the cool lights in the potions shelf. Have a spooktacular weekend:@)

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Love anything Harry Potter! All the details are cute, especially the letters :-)

Valerie Ratliff said...


Love the decorations. I've only watched the movies never read the books, maybe this Winter.

Hugs from Oklahoma,

Valerie
Cottage Making Mommy
www.lovingmyheartandhome.blogspot.com

Melinda said...

Don't know too much about all this.
I do know that you and the girls haf a great time doing the decor.

Currently the Royals are rockn'!

M : )

Bmore Bungalow said...

Wow your Halloween decorations are quite impressive. It looks so magical and fun :-)

bj said...

How fun this all looks...I just LOVE Halloween...:)

Gina said...

As a Potterhead myself, I think you nailed it! Great job, Leslie. I love it!

Melanie said...

Just love it. :)

My advice? Skip to the second or third book. Ha! They get progressively darker, more adult and, to me, better as they go on. The first one has all the set up, of course, but you already know it from the movies.