Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Howling at the moon ~ atv adventure


Don't let this picture deceive you...
We are covered in mud.
My shoes are cast in dirt and there are clumps of something stuck to the back of my hair.
Confession..  just like I did when I was that kid that my dad had nic named "Messly Leslie" 
I still love to get dirty!

Right before we took that photo, Paul had to pick a creepy crawly green worm from inside of his shirt.
Ewwww.

Mud, dirt and bugs happen when you take a moonlit evening ride through the woods and streams on ATV's,
 It was soooo much fun!!

This is my friend Trina and I playing with the moon.


She's such a cutie.  
We think the world of this couple!  
They are quite a bit younger then us..
but you'd never know it,  we all have a great time together.


The scenery was beautiful.  
We saw so many deer...  So cute with their little tails swishing.
We traveled through  dense woods, creeks, tunnels ( which is really scary), 
and up steep hillsides to take in the surrounding view.

Another perfect fall evening!

When we passed this old decaying bus,  the first thing that I thought was...
Walking Dead!!

Paul took a picture for our girls who are addicted to that show.
(and for me... since I'm hooked too! )



And then of course..
I had to play with photoshop and make it even creepier.


Steve was the brave one who actually climbed inside of the bus 
while we laughed and made him pose for pictures.. poor guy!


I know that I've said it a kazillion million times.. 
I love this little life of mine!


Thanks for being a part of it! 

Hope that you all have a great day.. 
Don't forget to howl at the moon! 
xo



9 comments:

Traci Hutton said...

That looks like so much fun!! I love being scared...to a point lol!

Kris said...

Hi Messy Leslie!! Loved your moon pics!!! Fun! That is a creepy bus! My sn and his girlfriend are huge walking dead fans!
I suggest you look on Craig's list, and buy yourself a little basic machine, and sew!!! I did not learn to sew until I was an adult. I am self taught!
Thanks for visiting me at Simplify. Have a great day!!
XO Kris

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

I'm more of a stay clean unless in involves gardening kind of girl, but being out at night under the moon sounds fun!

Melinda said...

Looks like another fun filled evening for you two.

I think I would be fine with everything but the tunnels!

Keep on keeping on!

M :)

Lynn said...

Sounds like you had a fun time! Minus the green worms of course:@)

Gloria said...

Great moon captures! :) Our two oldest daughters would be really envious of getting to take pics with that creepy bus. The youngest daughter isn't into the creepy stuff or walking dead, but the other two sure are! My middle daughter, Rashelle, participated in a Zombie Run awhile back (in Georgia). She was a zombie chasing runners. She had a blast!

Happy Wednesday to you... :)hugs...Gloria

Theresa said...

Oh Leslie, thanks for taking me along on this adventure... MINUS the scary bus:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Liz said...

That bus sure looks like it came from Walking Dead. My daughter has us record it for her, I think I might becoming hooked too!! Glad that you have such a fun pastime to enjoy!! Nothing like mud and fun!

Melanie said...

I would have run screaming for the hills if I found a worm inside my shirt. Just saying. *shudder*
Looks like so much fun though - BESIDES the worm part! :)