Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Happy October



It is the first day of October.   Although the house is dressed in it's best Halloween garb,  I still have to pinch myself...  Is it really October already.   For some reason the thought stresses me out, I feel like I'm not ready.   Leslie, slow your brain down girl,  You are ready.  It's time to enjoy it.   Rewind back to this time last year,  back when I was working nights and every weekend and I didn't have the motivation to do much of  around the house.   I worked every weekend from August through almost the end of October,  I remember being so frustrated that I was missing out on all of my favorite Fall activities.  Heck, I worked on Halloween last year!   and black Friday.  and Thanksgiving.  Hash-tag = Not this year!

This year October is going to be filled with fun gross family dinners, hayrides, apple picking and pie making, bonfires, haunted houses and topped off with a Halloween camping trip.   It's going to be a great October!





 I can't wait to share some of the disgusting meals that are on my menu!  : )  
 Until then..  here's an easy recipe that I made the other day.




1 lb of browned ground beef
1 package of elbow macaroni ~ cooked
1 jar of pasta sauce
2 tbs of oregano
 1 tsp garlic salt
2 cups of cheddar cheese
2 cups of mozzarella cheese

Mix ground beef, pasta, sauce, oregano and salt together in a large bowl.  add 1 cup of the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses,  mix well.   Pour into casserole dish.  Top with remaining cheese, cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Simple!

Time for me to go start living October ~  Have a great day friends.
xo


13 comments:

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Happy October! Your house is just so welcoming :-)

Emelie Viklund Hermansson said...

I think you'll have a wonderful October! By the way, I love your kitchen decor! :)

Gina said...

Yum! Enjoy this month doing everything you love most!

BumbleBeeLane said...

Happy October! Your plans sound wonderful. Enjoy the meories in the making..smile... Amy

Madelief said...

Wishing you a Happy October Leslie! The beef macaroni looks delicious!

Madelief x

Melinda said...

Enjoy your fave month!

That casserole looks W A Y better
than what I have planned for tonight!


M : )

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Lovin' your new header! Have a great October:@)

20 North Ora said...

Hi Leslie - thanks for dropping by 20 North Ora. It certainly looks like you are ready for the month of October! That beef dish looks quick and easy. Will try it. It sounds great to have a list of fun things to do this month. Enjoy!

I am your newest follower.

Judy

Brandi said...

I know you're excited to be able to do all the things you missed out on last year because of work. I look forward to doing lots of fall activities with my family too. First on my list is make your delicious looking apples.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Yummy, does that casserole sound and look delicious, perfect for the cooler months. I will definitely be making this! Thank you.

Kris said...

Hi Leslie! Thank you for stopping by my blog, and for following! I am here to pay you a visit, and am very much loving what a I see!!! I will be back for sure!!
xo Kris

Ana said...

Let the Halloween fun begin indeed! I'm glad you will be enjoying the fesivities more this year. The recipe sounds delish. Will definitely have to give it a try. Can't wait to see some of the other ones. Happy October.

Hugs and Kisses,
❤️Ana

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

So glad you will be able to enjoy your favorite month. I had something similar to your recipe last night. Sounds good.