Sunday, October 19, 2014

giving the finger ~

Remember those finger cookies that I was talking about the other day..
here they are.

They are just an almond shortbread cookie.
 
.. if you like almond flavor,  You will love these!!
 
 
1 cup of softened butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon of Almond Extract
2 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of sliced almonds
 
Sprinkles optional
 
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Divide dough into fourths. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.Working with one piece of dough at a time, roll into 1-in. balls. Shape balls into 3-in. x 1/2-in. fingers. Using the flat tip of a butter knife, make an indentation on one end of each for fingernail  Press Almond into indentation. With the back of the knife, make three slashes in the middle of each finger for knuckle .Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets.  Bake at 325 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.  Remove to wire racks to cool.


 Happy Sunday Friends.
I hope that you all have been enjoying this gorgeous fall weekend.

xo

Oh Yeah..
Before I leave you... I gotta show you my silly Halloween polka dots.

No nibbling on these fingers please!


11 comments:

Lynn said...

Cookies are always good! Lovin' your nails too-Happy Sunday:@)

Debbie Freitag said...

I LOVE these cookies! I can't wait to make them for our office party and Halloween party! Thanks for sharing!

Freckled Hen said...

Those cookies are so gross! And I mean that as a compliment!

Melinda said...

Love the nails!
Did you do them yourself?

Those fingers are something else.
Your title for your post cracked me up!!!!

Enjoy your day.

M :)

bj said...

Cute cute fingers...including YOURS. :)
HUGS...and your green blog is adorable..

Jann Olson said...

You can give me the finger anytime Leslie. lol! Seriously, these are so much fun! I love almond shortbread. You are so creative. Love how you gave them knuckles. Love the dots too!
hugs,
Jann

Parsley (Deena) said...

That's what I call CREEPTASTIC!

Theresa said...

Oh my, I am not sure I could eat those:) Love your colorful nails! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Ana said...

Funny, I was just watching Martha Stewart make those spooky fingers cookies. I've been wanting to make them for a while now. Will have to give them a try. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Hugs,
❤️Ana

Blondie's Journal said...

Hh, Leslie! I hope the fingers taste better than they look! Ha!

Nail painting has become such an art...they have half an aisle at CVS dedicated to all the products and tools! But yours do look lovely. My are so thin and they peel off even though I use a nail hardener. Old age?!

Jane xx

Bmore Bungalow said...

Oh wow, those cookies are sooooo cool! I've never seen anything like it.