Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Booyah! Rice Crispy Treats


Sheeeeeeeeeeeesh...  my waist line will be happy when October is over!!
I've been having way to much spooky fun in the kitchen.

I promised Sally the rice crispy treats the she's been craving,
No problem,  since I am not a big fan of them..  I know that I wont eat them.
Wroooong!!
My taste buds deceive me!
Turns out that If you add a few cups of crushed oreos into the mix,
 they are super delicious! 







 I made a few batches.. 
 some plain and some of the oreo.

Dear Neighbors and Friends,
You are welcome for the sugar high that I left on your front porches for your children.
Better them..  then me.  : ) 

xo
L






Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
4 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups crisp rice cereal
Directions:
1. Melt margarine in large sauce pan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted and well-blended. Cook 2 minutes longer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
2. Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly and firmly in buttered 13 x 9 inch pan. Cut into 2 x 2 inch squares when cool.
 For Oreo version add  2 cups of crushed oreos.




8 comments:

Emelie Viklund Hermansson said...

Looks very good! :)

Yes, I'm from Sweden, Halloween came to my country around 1995 so it's a new holiday over here. :)

Gina said...

Yum! So cute, too!

The Spooky Whisk said...

Super cute, yum!

Theresa said...

Love those BOO treats:) I am not a fan of the rice krispy treats by my grandchildren are! Add some Oreos? YUM! Have a wonderful evening dear friend, HUGS!

Kim of Mo Betta said...

Girl, everything is better with Oreos!

Lynn said...

I haven't made Krispy Treats since my boys were little, might need to correct that... Both versions look really great:@)

Catherine said...

Looks gréât. I thinking i Will hâve à try. Happy Day!

Earlene L. said...

Oh yum!!!!!!!!