Sunday, October 5, 2014

apple picking




 The air was brisk and the sky was blue, it was an absolute perfect fall day.   Sally and I spent this beautiful day taking in that country air as we trekked through apple orchards, searching for the finest apples.
 Inhale... smell those gritty corn stalks.   I love it!! 

 The trees were flourishing with the sweetest apples..   There were tons to choose from.
 Red delicious, Granny smith, Goldens, Gala....



































Picking apples is always fun.. but the greatest thing about today..  hanging with my girl!   I love the stories and the giggles. The singing along to the radio and the ginormous pretzel burger lunches.    I missed so much of this!
 I am go grateful that she still likes to hang out with her mom.







Selfie time! 
Do I look happy?
It's because I am!  : )
These past few months...  I have truly been having the time of my life!




 I wouldn't be so happy if it weren't for the other love(s) of my life...  whom were both working today.
Don't worry..  We picked them some great apples!  





































Our loot!   Tomorrow.. I'll turn some of these beauties into candy apples and apple cake!







In case you are wondering about our oldest red headed maiden,   she's occupied with her weekend job at the Renaissance festival.  Looks like fun "work" to me!!
  I think that she is having the time of her life too.  : )

























I hope that you all enjoyed this beautiful fall weekend!!

Have a wonderful new week.
Be your best happy!

11 comments:

Lynn said...

I love seeing the trees loaded with apples like that! It was such a perfect fall day yesterday, bet you had a blast-enjoy:@)

It's me said...

Enjoy fall....have a lovely week....love Ria...x!

Theresa said...

Oh my goodness, the crunch of a freshly-picked apple... YUM! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Beautiful happy daughters - makes any Mother's heart happy. Happy Monday Leslie!

It's a Baltimore Life said...

Yum! I love apple picking...where did you go?

Madelief said...

Hi Leslie,

Those apples look delicious! Great photo of you and your girls. It's good to hear you are feeling so happy.

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog too.

Enjoy your week!

Madelief x

Karen said...

Great pictures! This makes me want to go out and find an apple orchard! Your blog makes me smile whenever I come over here. Love the Halloween theme. You have an enthusiasm for life that is contagious, Leslie. So glad we've become acquainted through our blogs!

Melinda said...

A great way to spend the day.
We are off to pick apples next weekend!

Continue to enjoy the month.

Our baseball team will be in your fair city this weekend!

M :)

Marissa said...

Oh my goodness those apples look delicious.

Xo Marissa

White Lace and Promises said...

Hanging out with my girl is my favorite thing to do. Now that she is having a little girl, I just know that our time will be even more special. Looks like you had a fun day and what a darling little beauty you have there!

The Spooky Whisk said...

Apples are the best!