Thursday, October 16, 2014

a little Thursday randomness




Or..  scare the crap out of you.  

The leaves are really starting to show their true colors now. I love mornings like this,  when the smell of autumn opens my senses as I follow the leaf covered path through the woods. Squirrels play and carry on in groups as a lone deer carefully watches me from a distance.   Don't worry little deer,  I'm just trying to hike off some of the junk that I've consumed this week.  What the little deer doesn't know is that I'm hauling ass up those hills  because I've totally watched to many horror movies and I'm afraid of the imaginary hockey masked monster or a few decrepit zombies coming to get me.   But yes!!!!  my butt and thigh muscles are still aching  from hustling through the rough terrain!    The ZWOP ~.  zombie workout plan ~ hmmm, I think I'm on to something!    : ) 





I came home and instead of baking the finger cookies ( literal finger cookies) that no doubt I would be munching on later,  I decided that I would get crafty with some of the supplies that I found on sale at Joannes recently. 
I picked up this paper mache pumpkin, ribbon, glitter bells and Halloween bunting for less then $10.00.
I really wasn't sure what I was going to do with the pumpkin..  so first I broke out the craft paint.


Quite honestly,  the paint wasn't good enough..  so of course, I had to cover that baby in glitter.
Like I need another glittery pumpkin around the house! 

Yay for sparkles!!


The rest was as simple as making a bow and adding the bunting.

..and here it is,  yet another Halloween decoration.  : )


As for tonight.. it's my favorite television night of the week..  It's almost time for fleecy pajamas and an overdose of gooey tv drama,  Grey's Anatomy and Parenthood.

Have a great night and a happy Friday!!!
xo

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Your pumpkin turned out cute, the world can always use more glitter:@)

Theresa said...

GIRL! That pumpkin is precious! GREAT job! Enjoy your day dear friend! HUGS!

Jann Olson said...

Oh my gosh Leslie, the little banner is to die for! I love it! The glitter made the pumpkin just fabulous. I need to do more of that zombie workout. You made me laugh. Brought back memories of when I was a teen and mom would ask me to go down to the furnace room and get a jar of something she bottled. I would always run back up the stairs so fast. Afraid that someone or something was chasing me. lol!
hugs,
Jann

Angela V. said...

That pumpkin is great! Love it! I wish I had more time to be crafty but my little ones keep me so busy I can hardly stay awake sometimes! :)

Melanie said...

Great pumpkin! All the sparkles, all the time. LOVE SPARKLES.

Cozycomfycouch said...

Lovely!!