Thursday, September 18, 2014

Simple Glazed Doughnuts

Are you kidding me!!!!
I've been making homemade doughnuts from scratch
when all I had to do was use biscuits!
WHAT!!

 While browsing through some of my favorite magazines
I found the easiest.. and I mean the EASIEST
doughnut recipe ever.

All you need is:

2  12oz. tubes of biscuits
oil for frying
2 c. powdered sugar
3 or 4 tablespoons water




Using a thimble or a frosting tip..  remove the center of each doughnut.
Set aside.   Pour 1/2 inch of oil into a skillet and heat over med/high heat.
Fry biscuits and holes until golden (about a minute) and carefully turn over and repeat.
Drain on paper towels and let cool.

Combine powdered sugar and water to make a glaze. 
 Dip doughnuts in the glaze
and...
YUM!


Some I used a store bought chocolate frosting ~ For Sally
some I powdered  ~  For Paul
Some I added some melted Pumpkin Spice chips ~  For ME
and some I just left with the glaze alone

And we ate them all!  

Hope that you enjoy
They are YUMMY!!!

6 comments:

Melinda said...

We've done this at school.
They are so fun. When they are
done we put yhen in a brown bad
with the powdered sugar and the kids shook their own donut in the bag.

M : )

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

I've cut the biscuits into 4 and made donut holes before. I think full sized ones would be easier to turn while frying. I like your pumpkin addition:@)

White Lace and Promises said...

Yummy, yummy! Yes, I did the can biscuit thingy when I got married in 1978. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Bonnie

Gina said...

Oh my goodness! Who'd have thought? Biscuits! I think I'll have to give these a try some time.

Brandi said...

Oh boy, now I'm craving donuts! I love that you were able to mix the flavors up. Pumpkin spice sounds delicious!

Blackberry Lane said...

Well, this is new to me! Thanks for the recipe. I like all the different varieties you made.

Hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend, Leslie.