Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Kitchen Redo

I told you that I've been busy in the kitchen. 

I've been wanting to make over the kitchen for a while now.
The white ceiling was a dingy grey and  in desperate need of a fresh coat of paint
and I also wanted to change the color of the cabinets.
Again
I just wasn't sure of what color...

They've already been:
barn red
colonial blue
black
hunter green

 and the cream color that they are now..




 What color haven't they been? 

WHITE!!!

I found myself scanning pinterest for white cottage kitchens for days..
 There were so many gorgeous kitchens!!!

At first I wanted to paint the entire kitchen white..
but decided to start out with the cabinets and pressed tin first..

I used Behr bright white paint and primer mix..  it's the best!!


Looks nice..right!


I worked my way around the kitchen 
...  one of my favorite changes is chalk board back splash.
I  just slapped a couple of coats of black chalk board paint on it.


After finishing the cabinets
I decided that white on the walls and ceiling would have been to much.
I needed another color.

My eyes kept going to the color of the corn in the picture above the sink.
and I ended up with a harvest yellow.

 
Another thing that I've seen on Pinterest that I love are black window frames. 
It's a scary thought but,  What the heck...  I'll try it!!



 I wanted to change the  mess of hanging pots and pans.
I love the convenience of them hanging on the wall ..
but they really needed to be neatened up a bit.

As I was searching online for ideas..
I looked up from the computer and Pauls old sled caught my eye.
I sat looking at it ...  hmmmm???

And then I put my idea into action...


I also needed some new colorful curtains..
so I recycled one of my favorite tablecloths to make these little valances.



Are you ready for the final reveal?






There are still some things that I am not sure of..
such as the black windows..  I'm not sure how I feel about them.

I am also still searching for the perfect new OLD  rectangle table or island .

 Meanwhile..  I love it!!!  : )






15 comments:

Wendi said...

It looks great! I especially like the valances. Nice job!

Lee Ann said...

Oh it is gorgeous! I'm feeling all inspired to give mine a freshen up x

Valerie Ratliff said...

Leslie

I love it. The windows really stand out. I'm 3 rooms away from painting my kitchen for the first time and am excited. Can't wait to see what else you've been up to. How's the porch? Is it almost time for decorating for Fall?

Hugs,

Valerie
Cottage Making Mommy
www.lovingmyheartandhome.blogspot.com

It's me said...

Wowww love your kitchen ....!!!...lovely week...love Ria....x!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

I love a yellow kitchen - mine is yellow too, with lots of white dishes :-)

Pam said...

Perfect! I love it! You are very creative, the curtains and all. But who would've thought of the sled. Clever! Clever!

My kitchen is nearly the same colors: white cabinets, red and white wallpaper, with charcoal countertops and tile floor, with yellow here and there. I love love white cabinets, clean and bright.

Your kitchen looks very cozy and homey!!! Way to go, Leslie!

Pam said...

Perfect! I love it! You are very creative, the curtains and all. But who would've thought of the sled. Clever! Clever!

My kitchen is nearly the same colors: white cabinets, red and white wallpaper, with charcoal countertops and tile floor, with yellow here and there. I love love white cabinets, clean and bright.

Your kitchen looks very cozy and homey!!! Way to go, Leslie!

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Very cute and cozy! Lovin' the new curtains and nice fresh white cabinets:@)

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

This looks so great! I like the white cabinets and pressed tin... I had a yellow kitchen but painted it linen white. So now we're opposites. I'm thinking that sled is quite genius!

Melinda said...

Looks neat. Your valances are cute too.

M : )

Marissa said...

So sweet and cozy
love it!!!!!

Art and Sand said...

We share a similar palette - reds and yellows.

I love the red and white checked curtains.

My kitchen has been yellow with white cabinets for many years. We are starting a project to change the walls throughout our house to white, but the kitchen is down the list as we go room by room.

Michele said...

Oh my gosh, LOVE the white! Looks so fresh and clean. Great choice. Your kitchen is so homey and pretty. ;)

White Lace and Promises said...

What a great kitchen! Wow!

All That Glitters said...

Your kitchen is so cute!!