Saturday, September 13, 2014

Burger & Fries Pot Pie and the spooky blog makeover


Well... what do ya know..
Twice in the same week.
I am making progress!

Happy Saturday Friends!

As you can see...
I've been quite busy decorating the blog for my favorite time of year.
I've had some fun with the "spooky" photo editing..
The creepy dog photo just cracks me up!

I've been making slow progress around the house as well,
I want to do something different this year and I've been gathering lots of ideas..
Now, I need to stop pinning and start putting them together.

The weather here in Baltimore is cool and crisp
The little bite of chilly air helps put me in the Fall mood...
makes me want to run out and buy mums and pumpkins.
Not to mention..  that it makes me what to cook warm  homey comfort foods.

I've spent a lot of time in the kitchen this week..
cookies, pumpkin muffins, casseroles...
Have I mentioned that I love having time to cook again.
Lets not talk about the fact that my scale went up 4 pounds..  ughhh.
We can't have any fun!!!

Tonight I made this recipe that I found in an old cookbook.
Honestly..  since I am not a huge fan of ground beef,
I wasn't as excited about it as Sally and Paul were.
But I gotta tell ya..

It was really good!!!

... and REALLY easy!!

I'll definitely make it again.

Ingredients

1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
2 cups frozen crispy French-fried potatoes (from 20-oz bag) 
 

Directions

  • 1 Heat oven to 450°F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain well. Sprinkle flour over beef mixture. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in tomatoes; heat to boiling. Remove from heat.
  • 2 In ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole, spread beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Arrange frozen potatoes evenly in single layer on top.
  • 3 Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. 

Linking up with
Say G'Day Saturday


Say G'Day Saturday


and
 Simple Saturday Blog Hop 

Simple Saturdays Blog Hop


Have a great weekend
 xo
 L

10 comments:

Brandi said...

My son would love this for dinner one night. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Dinner sounds good! Feels very fall-like here on this rainy day... Got my Halloween ornaments out and I'm ready to go:@)

Blackberry Lane said...

Hi Leslie, Glad you are posting. Fall is my favorite time of year. Some of my blog friends have been scolding me for rushing the season!!! Thanks for the recipe. I know you are having fun baking some autumn type goodies.

Valerie Ratliff said...

I love it Leslie. Making me smile with all the decor. We are making a huge push to move to our farm in 6 weeks back from the campgrounds. I don't think I'm going to get to decorate for Halloween but I'm hoping for Christmas.

I will have to enjoy yours.

Hugs from Oklahoma,

Valerie
Cottage Making Mommy

classesncamps said...

well done. Recipe is well written.
best personal trainer in houston

Pam Greer said...

I am so ready for fall!! Love the Halloween theme!

wicKED said...

Really dig the makeover and the recipe!

It's me said...

Yammie....look delicious ...lovely week....x!

corners of my life said...

Oh no - now I'll gain 4 pounds!

Melanie said...

Great idea for some comfort food. It's like a super duper easy Shepherd's Pie almost.