Monday, September 1, 2014

A wonderful summer and our fall bucket list








September 1st...   ALREADY!!!

Doesn't matter how much that I beg and plead.. it appears that summer is fading fast.

We haven't had a summer like this in years.   I can't count how many of these beautiful days were spent out on the water.   The weather was perfect and however sad it was leaving my awesome job back in the spring...  it was truly a blessing in disguise.  I would have never been able to enjoy this summer with my family.   I would not have this peace in my heart.

Speaking of jobs..  I better get this out of the way..   remember that I took that part time job at the other craft store?   well.. I got fired!  : )  True.  I did.     Turns out that they don't like it when you don't show up for work for a week straight.    For weeks they were scheduling me every night,   much like my old job ..only I made a lot less money.  That and the fact that Sally's school schedule has changed drastically with sports practice and that I really dislike the manager..    it was easy for me to decide to give it up.  

So.. what have I been doing?  Tequila shots.   I've been having a blast.  Really.   Paul and I have been hanging out with friends and family,  eating, drinking, tequila shots, painting, boating, crafting, cooking together, watching movies,  and I gotta tell you..  we spend a lot of time in the bath tub together with tequila shots,  Do you know how nice it is to have someone wash your hair?   Oh my Gosh...    These are the kinds of things that we never had time for..   Now we do.  It's nice. 



So there you have it..     A wonderful summer!!!  
Now, my wish is that Fall brings us the same joy.  

And that brings me to our next seasonal journey...   

2014 Fall Bucket list

Family horseback riding
Camping and hiking in the Mountains
Visit the Renaissance festival  (where our oldest daughter is currently working weekends dressed as a fairy)
Go Apple Picking
 Plan an Authentic "costumed" golf torny with our golf buddies  ( when we women make our husbands wear plaid pants and silly hats ~  its great torture)
Baking...  lots and lots of baking.
Bonfires
Haunted hay rides and corn mazes
and ...  Everything else that goes along with Halloween.  : ) 

 Happy September Friends!!
I'll be back soon to show you what's been going on in my kitchen.
You'll likey!  




7 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Sounds like a perfect summer and bug plans for the fall....sorry about your job but it sounds like it was a blessing.Have a great week!

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Glad you're having fun! I'm sure fall will be a blast too:@)

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Your list sounds really fun - love fall more than anything!

Brandi said...

Glad you and your family had a beautiful summer. You plans for summer sound fun and exciting. Have fun going through your list.

Melinda said...

Happy September!

What a fun summer you had
and I have NO doubt that
the fall will bring more
fun!

M :)

Melanie said...

Sounds like a great end to a great summer!
The job obviously wasn't a good fit so bully on them. Onward! :)

Michele said...

I'm sorry to hear you got fired, but it sounds like a blessing to me! I'm so jealous. Can I join the bucket list?? And I'm totally going to have my hair washed too. And soon!