Monday, September 22, 2014

A little halloween in the kitchen & meatball parmesan




Brrrrrrr!!!
Yesterday we were floating in the bay
Today,  I'm sporting socks and a sweater.
Fall has arrived in Baltimore!!

We've already had dinner
and the coffee is ready.
Come in and have a seat.


 I would offer you a slice of the delicious smelling Pineapple upside down cake that I made this morning...

But unfortunately..
it landed upside down on the floor when I pulled it from the oven.
Note to self:   Get better oven mitts!

The kitchen is dressed up for Halloween. 
Things are much "gentler" then in the creepy dining room.

If you look at the picture below..
You will notice one of the spoonful house's great unsolved mysteries.

What happened to the door knob?
Nobody around here has an answer.
Obviously the Spoonful ghost must have taken it.



I love all of these happy little jack-o-lantern faces.


Of course..  These cute little hoodlums had to join in the photo shoot.


Sharky,  the miniature pony-Golden Retriever knows that his cookies are in that pumpkin jar



Ok.. I'll give you cookies...
but only after I torture Darla with this hat.


Come on mom... stop fussing over Darla
and look how pretty I'm sitting.

How can I ever say no..
He's such a sweetheart!  : )



Now, that Mr cuteness has been ejected from the kitchen..
Let's get back to show and tell.


This is one of my favorite fall decorations.
I believe that it came from Michael's many years ago



Just like everything else in this house..
The "coffee organizer" is another thing that I purchased from Michaels back in the spring. 
It's actually a terrarium/green house type of thing meant for growing herbs.
I knew as soon as I saw it that it would be perfect for holding my assorted coffees.


 There are just enough tiny touches of Halloween to make the kitchen festive. 
It really makes me want to bake.
perhaps some apple pecan cookies   ~ right now!  



Speaking of baking...
Thankfully the baked Meatball Parmesan that I made for dinner
 was much more successful then the cake that I dropped earlier.


I love when I make a dinner that completely disappears ~ 
my family ate every bite!

Little do they know that my secret ingredient is..


right??!?!?!?

I don't think anyone would even try them if I told them about the grape jelly.
It just sounds so...   weird
but it really does add a little unexpected sweetness that makes this dish delicious!
Meatballs  ( I roll my own.. about 20)
1 jar of prepared sauce ( hunts etc)
1/2 cup of grape Jelly
Garlic salt..  as much as you like
1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup of mozzarella cheese

Mix jelly and sauce in a baking dish.
add meatballs and garlic.
cover and bake for about an hour.
Add cheeses and bake for another 15 mins.
Done.

*

Hope that you all had fun hanging out in the kitchen with me this evening.
Happy Fall!!!!

xo
L


Linking up with Kathe and You're gonna love it Tuesday

10 comments:

Melinda said...

Right real festive Ms.Leslie !
The doorknob story is great.


M :)

Andrea Fogleman said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you like my cabinets and backsplash. Love your Halloween touches and you would be surprised how many recipes include that "special" ingredient. I've tried meatballs with almost the same ingredients but they didn't include cheese. We all know cheese makes everything better. I'll have to try your recipe this time. Thanks. I would love for you to link up for Scraptastic Saturdays at Scrapality.com. This past Saturday I started a weekly linky party. If you're interested I would be thrilled if you linked up! Thanks, have a wonderful week.

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Your kitchen looks very cozy and fun! I love your J-O-L balls, the ones they have this year are very... vanilla. Cute coffee organizer-Happy Fall:@)

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Your doggies are cuties! I am always looking for a kcup holder I wouldn't mind leaving out - I love your idea :-)

Natasha said...

thanks for sharing that recipe. I will have to give a try next week.

Your house is very festive :)

Marissa said...

Your kitchen looks spook-tacular! I need to try recipe. Grape jelly Who knew?

Valerie Ratliff said...


Love it, love it, love it.

The dogs are too cute, the food looks delicious, the kitchen is so festive and lol about the doorknob.

Hugs from Oklahoma,

Valerie

Blackberry Lane said...

The meatballs sound so good.
I love your pumpkins and the pops of color around your kitchen. The pups look so cute. Great way to organize your coffee!

The Spooky Whisk said...

I've got that same cake dish. I would LOVE a milk glass one but they were priced WAY out of my reach.

Melanie said...

Everything looks so perfectly fall! Nothing beats the colors of fall for me, nothing. Love it!! :)