Friday, August 8, 2014

Nags Head North Carolina





Isn't this a stunning sight?

After a stormy day on the beach.. this was god's beautiful gift.



We finally got a chance to make the 6 hour trip back to the Outer Banks of North Carolina
 to our friends amazing beach house.    This working part time thing is NICE.  
 I forgot how wonderful family vacations were!

I forgot how much fun it is to watch my family play Frisbee on the beach.


I would've played too,  but......
Well...  I was Relaxing.  


We didn't even mind the murky sunrises..



Because they set free the most beautiful carefree days.


Paul would sit on the waters edge forever.
His dream has always been to live on the water.
Someday soon I hope.


Isn't he a cutie!
He's a good man.


Here are Paul and Michelle..    (She and sally both have colored their hair this summer)
With our friends..  Big and Little D.
Big D and Paul have been best friends since they sat next to each other in high school French class.


Big D is a city fireman and he and Paul work opposite shifts.
Needless to say,  with  family, jobs, school.. 
They don't get a chance to hang out like they used to.
 Doesn't stop them from being brothers.


Little D is a handsome prince isn't he.. 
Sorry ladies, he is already spoken for.

He is in love with an older woman!



Yea..  ever since he was old enough to talk he's told Sally that they were gonna be married some day.

 
Of course,  Sally plays along.
She loves little D.



   we had a fantastic time
but sadly..  all great vacations have to come to an end.


 Time to say goodbye to the Ocean and get
back to work, back to house keeping and getting ready for back to school.
Yuck!
I hate the S word!

We are just not ready!!

Hope that you all are having a great August
See you around the blog block.
xo
L







8 comments:

Pam said...

What a great place to vacation, I love it! Sounds like you had the perfect time with good friends. There's nothing quite like the ocean in my book and you made me envious! :-)

Earlene L. said...

Looks like a wonderful vacation,,,,the rainbow was amazing!!!!!!!
I am tired of the WORK word too.
Hugs
Earlene

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like you all had a great time! Personally, I'm tired of the W word... Gotta figure out a way around that:@)

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Love the pic of your hubby sitting looking at the ocean. It's nice when a hard working man relaxes :-)

Michele said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time! Gorgeous pictures!

Ethan Smith said...

Buy and sell new and used modern, outdoor, office, bedroom and home furniture.
Choose from a great selection of gently used furniture for every room in your home.
More here www.postallads4free.com

Rachel - Floral and Fudge said...

I have been dying to go back to the Outer Banks since I went in 2001!!
Looks like a wonderful time :)

Kim of Mo Betta said...

Awww, you were in my neck of the woods! I'm further up the Outer Banks towards the VA line! Love Nags Head!