Thursday, June 19, 2014

something good happens


You know,  I totally forgot to say thank you for all of the sweet comments, emails and messages that I've received from so many of you over these past few months.
They are truly heart felt! 
Thank you for sticking it out with me.


There is something good that happens when you feel like your soul has been beaten down.. 
Once you climb out and once the fog clears,
 you start to see things a little clearer.
You find what is important and you grab hold of it.


You once again take pleasure in the simple things...
like gingerly swaying on an old tire swing while the sun shines on your face.

You begin to celebrate your life and all that is in it.


You hang a billion shiny stars from the ceiling of your sun porch
and you sit for hours and just gaze at them..
savoring each little twist and glimmer.
For within each one there is a dream, a memory, and a wish.


If you are lucky
The dreams are big,  the memories are happy 
and the wishes are that everything stays the same.

My dreams are big!
The memories worthy of thinking about are wonderful!
and my hope that everything stays just as it is today.

Yes,  something good actually comes from the bad.
You learn how wonderful your life is.



Have a wonderful day!
xo


11 comments:

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Love the simple things that can change your mood - like stars hanging from the ceiling - so pretty Leslie :-)

It's me said...

Life IS beautiful....always look at the brite site...love from me...xxx !

It's me said...

Life IS beautiful....always look at the brite site...love from me...xxx !

Valerie Ratliff said...

So glad you are back to blogging I have missed you. Love the sun porch.

Hugs,

Valerie
Cottage Making Mommy
www.lovingmyheartandhome.blogspot.com

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Very nice! Lovin' the pic of the pillows on the day bed:@)

Gina said...

I would dream staring at that pretty ceiling of stars & lanterns, too!

Blackberry Lane said...

You are back 100%! This is why I enjoy your posts so much. Beautiful simple pleasures.

Bmore Bungalow said...

I'm happy things are going better for you Leslie. I can totally relate to your post. Sometimes we forget that life is good. It becomes all the more better when we get a little reminder.

Bmore Bungalow said...

I'm happy things are going better for you Leslie. I can totally relate to your post. Sometimes we forget that life is good. It becomes all the more better when we get a little reminder.

Melinda said...

I'm glad to see you are feeling
like things are going your way!
It is good to hear the Leslie
I have gotten to know over the
years .

M : )

Lee Ann said...

Glad to have you back in my blog roll my dear xx