Wednesday, June 25, 2014

pretty touches in the Living room


Happy Wednesday!!!

It's a big night ..  
and I am soooo excited.
It is kinda like Christmas in the summer!

Why, you ask?
Well, I have this crazy summer time addiction called Big Brother
and it starts tonight!!!
wooohooo.

Oh, it's going to be a loooong day. : )

I'm gonna keep myself busy today by gutting the kitchen cabinets and doing that organizing that I've been putting off for so long.   We're supposed to have rain and storms here in Baltimore today..     So It's the perfect day to get some chores done.

The living and dining rooms have already been scrubbed, shampooed and refreshed.
Everything is pretty and best of all ~  Clean!

I added a few patriotic touches throughout the living room.
It feels so summery and festive.

I love this basket of jars,  When the sun shines through the window, they seem to glow.





I rearranged the furniture and picked some flowers from my gardens to place on the pallet table.
This table is still one of my favorite things!   I just love how it turned out.



Under the table on an old wooden footstool is my collection of blog books and family yearbooks,  Seashells and some stacked linens.
Since the table is so tall, I feel the need to fill the space underneath of it.



This room is full of color.
In fact,  the whole house is random collection of colors.
It is a happy house.

See that sail boat..  isn't she a beauty!
A few weeks ago,  Paul and I visited many waterfront restaurants as we were trying to find cool places that we could take our boat. One place that we visited had the prettiest nautical decor and while we were having our beer and gazing at all of the fun things around us,  we spotted a sailboat much like this one.   Within minutes, Paul had his phone logged into ebay and had ordered us a sailboat of our own.   Every time I look at it, I am reminded of that fun date.



I'll take you in the dining room to show you more summer decor later this week.
For now..  I am off to clean the kitchen! 

Have a wonderful day!
xo

Linking up with Share your cup Thursday
Stop over and check out all of the cool links.





18 comments:

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

Love your home and happy vignettes! We're doing much like you today... except we're emptying out the cupboards in the barn n cleaning all the equipment. ;-)

Ana said...

Oh Leslie, I love, love, love your pallet table. It is absolutely beautiful. The little sail boat goes perfectly there. You have such a sweet hubby :-) Have fun cleaning the kitchen and watching Big Brother tonight.

Hugs,
❤️Ana

Ana said...

Oh, I keep forgetting to tell you...I can't believe how grown up your daughter's are. They're both such beautiful young ladies. Boy, how time flys.

Hugs,
❤️Ana

Wendi said...

Happy is a great way to describe your home. All of the color makes it super cheerful!

Madelief said...

Lovely photo's of your home Leslie!

Madelief x

Liz said...

You have such great decorative ideas! Everything looks so nice put together like that. My hubby said to me first thing this morning, Big Brother Party tonight! lol...

Blackberry Lane said...

Hi Leslie, I love to visit here. Everything looks so festive for July 4th! There are many homes under construction on our street and I see pallets everywhere! Wish you were here to help me create something!!!
Have a great evening.

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

I love the red, white and blue touches! Can't believe the 4th is a week away:@)

bj said...

I love your pretty and very warm home...and best of all, I love your bubbly and cheerful attitude...You always make me smile and feel good when I come to see you....;)

camp and cottage living said...

I really like all of your beach summer touches.
Anyone would love to spent time in this room!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Leslie,
I love that pallet table too!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Theresa said...

I love that sailboat! My husband's office is decorated with sailboats:) Enjoy your patriotic decorations today dear friend, HUGS!

Brandi said...

I love changing things out for the seasons. Your summer decor is so cheerful. Thanks for the tour!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Leslie-
your home has such a cheerful atmosphere to it. I think it's all the bright cheerful colors!
Love that table and your RED sectional!
Pat

Jann Olson said...

Your home definitely is a happy house! I love the pallet table and the new sailboat is perfect. You are so ambitious cleaning away. I am trying to do that in my sewing room. Going to buy paint tomorrow. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Jann Olson said...

Hi Leslie, just hopping back to let you know that I will be featuring you at SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Jann Olson said...

Hi Leslie, just hopping back to let you know that I will be featuring you at SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Nancy Reinke said...

That pallet table is a charmer. Love it!