Saturday, June 28, 2014

Perfect


Have I mentioned that our youngest daughter is a mermaid..
Just look at that beautiful aqua hair.

.. and once mermaid Sally touches water
it's hard to get her out.



Paul and I took the mermaid and her sidekick, the amazing aqua-dog, to the beach yesterday.
Grey skies and steady winds made it not the prettiest of mornings..  
but we were still happy to be outside in the fresh air.

Of course, Paul didn't care..  he was in the water while us girls were content sitting up on the boat munching on yummy nutritious crab chips and doughnuts.  

 Within an hour or so,  the clouds began to break up, the seagulls were getting noisy and the sun was gleaming brightly over the water.


 We got the inflatable Kayak out.. ( had to burn off those doughnuts ) and cruised around the islandLook at Darla in the "backseat"..    she is the coolest little animal!!


 There's Paul, in his tube as usual.
He cracks me up with that tube..  He won't get out!!!


All of that hard work and sunshine pooped Darla out!!




Do you ever just sit back and think about your life..
We aren't rich,  we live small. we struggle sometimes.
We still live in the city.. in an old house that still needs work.
We don't take extravagant vacations or buy extravagant items.
Paul drives his dad's almost 20 year old truck and we have an old boat.
We  need for things..  but we don't require much

I look around and smile.. 
  What an incredible beautiful life that we've been blessed with.

To have the time to do nothing else but sit on this sandy beach, 
breath in the fresh air and be with the ones we love ~
The riches we have almost overwhelm me.




 
The beautiful day turned into a even more beautiful evening that none of us were ready to say Goodnight to.  Another perfect day for the record books.  : )


Have a great weekend friends.
xo

8 comments:

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

I always get that feeling when I'm on the water - it's a life is good feeling :-)
Glad you had a great day with your family!

Valerie Ratliff said...

You are blessed with a beautiful family and day.


Hugs,

Valerie
Cottage Making Mommy
www.lovingmyheartandhome.blogspot.com

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Sounds like a great day-enjoy:@)

Melinda said...

Sounds like the best of days
Sometimes being rich has nothing
to with money.

Have a great day!

M : )

Blackberry Lane said...

Very nice pictures and a relaxing day on the water. Darla is so cute! You have a lovely family and it is a blessing to know you. Thanks for sharing your awesome day.

Karen said...

Such a beautiful day, and a beautiful outlook on life. I enjoyed your lovely post about your wedding dress, too.

Brandi said...

Such a really beautiful post, my friend. I got emotional reading it. I love the picture of your daughter on the beach playing her guitar. I bet it would look so nice in a frame. You are blessed. So glad you had a wonderful day with your family.

Stephanie said...

Hi there! I saw your blog name on someone's profile and the name caught my attention so I clicked on it and here I am :)

I had a lovely time scrolling through your posts and enjoyed seeing your beautiful wedding gown :) How precious that your daughters may one day use it for themselves.

And your living room is simply wonderful and so colorful - I love it!

I am a happy new follower and look forward to visiting again. Enjoy your week and have a Happy 4th of July!