Monday, June 16, 2014

Me time




Here it is...  after almost two months
a post!

These past six months have been a real challenge to say the least!
Somewhere along the way of life.. I forgot to live.
I forgot to take pleasures in those things that I once loved
and most importantly I forgot who I was.

  Sacrificing my pride and integrity along the way
 I learned many life changing lessons during this journey.
I thought I was finding myself..
 but what I was really doing was adapting to situations and becoming something and someone that I wasn't.
                                             
 Reality slapped me in the face about a month ago.
I knew what I had to do...
and my first step was to remove myself from those situations.

So, here I am today...
Loving, healing, living, smiling, spending quality time with my family
and reconnecting with the real me.




There have been many quiet reflective journeys...
Being one with nature on still sunny mornings is very cleansing for the soul.





I wake up in the morning and I am excited for what the day has in store for me.

I am living and I am happy.
Doesn't get much better then this.


I hope that you all are having a wonderful start to summer!!!
I look forward to catching up.

xo
L

















.






        



12 comments:

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Good for you! Sounds like you're living large and enjoying life:@)

Gina said...

Glad to see you back and with a great outlook on life!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Yay! Looking forward to more posts :-)

Melinda said...

It is so good to see you! I
haved missed you.

Life sure can throw a lot of curve
balls right?

Keep on keeping on!

M : )

It's me said...

Enjoy summer....but stay not away too long please...i miss you...love Ria...x !

It's me said...

Enjoy summer....but stay not away too long please...i miss you...love Ria...x !

Art and Sand said...

We just came in from a paddle on the water - there is nothing like gliding slowly through the water on my kayak to relax me.

I read backwards a bit and it sounds like you are getting things under control. I would say that you should definitely be painting - Ray Bradbury says that "creativity is a continued surprise"

You should definitely finish the novel - I am headed to the garden to relax after lunch and read so I would enjoy a little romance novel.

Thanks for dropping by Art and Sand.

Blackberry Lane said...

Hi Leslie, I am so happy to see an update from you. When you don't post it is like my favorite magazine has been discontinued! These are great images you have shared and I look forward to seeing more.

Lana Wallpe said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Looks like we are both ready to take back our lives from all the chaos! Good luck and keep moving!

Karen said...

Great, uplifting post, Leslie. If there's a good side to the rough times, it's that we come through with a clearer view. It's good to be back blogging again, and I'm looking forward to reading yours again!

It's me said...

Stupid me....I accidentally deleted all the comments with my phone on today's post, would you be so kind to do it again ??..thank you! .. xxx!

Domme ikke.....ik heb per ongeluk alle commentaren met mijn telefoon gewist op rein zijn post,wil je zo vriendelijk zijn het nogmaals te doen....??? dankjewel !!..xxx !

Melanie said...

*mwah*
Love ya!!