Sunday, April 20, 2014

sink or swim


I painted this picture a few weeks ago..
While I was painting it I imagined someone happily dancing and twirling through a water puddle..

Now as I look at it..  it's actually a great summery of my life.
Someone testing the waters... trying not to fall into the deep end.


It's me.. trying to balance. 
trying to find a direction without sinking.

I am resilient..  I will not sink..
 but it will take some paddling..  lots and lots of paddling to get where i need to be.

Eventually..   as I realize that this change that this I am going through is a good thing...
 I will find myself floating again.
but it's not gonna be easy.. 
first I need to patch up the holes in my heart.



I'm gonna spend lots of extra time out here on the sun porch.
I am not going to reflect on what is missing from my life.. 
but on all that I have.
My family who loves me.

I'm gonna hang on to every soft spoken word from my husband.
I'm going to trust his promises and follow my own.
I'm going to smile when I hear my girls giggle.


I'm gonna wish my friends well..
I'm gonna hold on to my doggies
and decide if it's worth moving forward or taking a step back.


Regardless of where this new road takes me..
I'm gonna swim
and with this family by my side..
I'm gonna get the medal.

xo
L

13 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Yes you will....you have an amazing support system....I hear them cheering and see you holding the medal! Your words hit home with me Leslie and give others strength...I've had a hard three months of unemployment and looking for a job has beat me down....I'm listening to your words for today is a better day with love on your side! Happy Easter my friend!

It's me said...

Happy easter darling !!!...love from me....xxx !

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Fun painting! Happy Easter Leslie-enjoy the day:@)

Pam said...

Here's wishing you the best, Leslie! Happy Easter to you and your family!

Valerie Ratliff said...

Many blessings and Happy Easter. Love the picture.

Sometimes one door has to close for another to open.

Hugs,

Valerie
Cottage Making Mommy
www.lovingmyheartandhome.blogspot.com

Phyllis said...

I LOVE that picture. Happy Easter! (hugs)

Lee Ann said...

Happy Easter, hugs to you my friend as you are moving through this transition xxx

Chris said...

Hugs!

Lindy said...

Wishing you all the best and prayers from afar. Lindy

Melinda said...

What a great job you did
with the painting!

I wish you an easy road in this
process you are going through.
Soak in the love of your family
and go with your heart.

M :)

Bmore Bungalow said...

What a lovely painting, and I love what it represents to you.

Art and Sand said...

I love the quilt on you daybed, all of the pillows and the sweet little banner on your vintage window - all so pretty.

John Smith said...

Watch this video, share it with as many people as you can. this changed how I perceived gender issues.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp8tToFv-bA