Saturday, April 19, 2014

Changes


changes.

Changes happen every day in this life.. 
 every step you take leads to something else.
Even on days when I feel like I am doing the same thing over and over,
something changes.

Sometimes change is good,
 For me...  most times I am afraid of changes
 because they lead to heart ache and uncertainties.

I like the settled safe comfortable feeling...

I am not feeling settled, safe or comfortable.
I feel like chaos..  like my life is spiraling and crashing,
and I can't find a safe place to land.
 I need change.
While I have been preoccupied in  finding myself..
changing myself....
I have lost interest in a lot of the things that I love.
I need to change that.
 I need to work on finding that grounded comfortable feeling again..
I'm just not sure where to look for it.

Is it in the kitchen...  with pie crusts and mixing bowls?
Maybe it's here on the blogs...  where I am always inspired by you lovelies?
 Perhaps I need to find a new job with new hours and new friends?
Maybe I should take some more piano classes or maybe even get a bike?
Is it in the pages of the romance novel that I have yet to finish writing?
 How about a puppy..  just maybe I'll find it in a puppy.
What if I paint a picture..  better yet,  what if I paint the kitchen cabinets?

I realize while writing this that one thing that I need to change is how I value my time.
I spend so much time focused on inconsequential things that I forgot to focus on what was really important.
Time to listen.
Time to share.
Time to change.




8 comments:

Theresa said...

Well dear friend, I don't really do change well! Sometimes I get lulled into same 'ole same 'ole and have to kick myself in the hiney to get moving in a different direction:) I hope you find the path you need! Sending hugs and prayers your way!

Wendi said...

Well my friend, I think I could have written this myself. I told my husband the other day that I feel like I am on a treadmill. I am going no where yet I am wore out! I need to make some changes to find my happy balance again. Wishing you all the best on your journey of change!

It's Just Dottie said...

I found that by letting go of some strongholds and embracing simple I found peace... It did not happen over night...you can do it.
Hug, Dottie

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

All I can say is, if you get it all figured out... will you let me know??? Happy Easter:@)

It's me said...

Happy easter weekend darling...love from me Ria...xxx !

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Many times through my life I've felt the same way you are, and this week I've had that same feeling of being 'out of balance.' How I find it is different than where you'll find yours, and I've no doubt you will. Take care, okay?

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I'm usually torn when it comes to change.
One the one hand... I see areas of my life that I want and desire change and on the other hand...
change makes me anxious.
I hope no matter what ... Change brings about peace in your heart.
Happy Easter, my friend.
Pat

Chris said...

This is always a challenge. I think that you know what you need to do to take care of your heart instead of just being carried along, trying to get through each day.
Hugs!