Saturday, February 1, 2014

Happy February



Happy February!!!

Can you believe it..  February,  
Winter is almost half way over!!

4 more months and we'll be out on the water!  



Do you have any big plans for February or Valentines day?

We haven't made any Valentines plans yet.
 I'm pretty sure that both Paul and I are working that day
so I'm not going to plan anything fancy..
  I was thinking that I would surprise him with some yummy seafood.
 Steamed crabs sounds good!

I'm saving up for his birthday in May.. 
I am planning a surprise that he will love!!!
I will tell you more about it when it gets closer.
What I can tell you is that it will make him..
happy, happy, happy!

As for the rest of February...   



I am definitely going to bake some Valentines fun... That's a given!

The color of that book case below is my favorite color ....  
 I keep looking at it thinking.. 
 I wonder what the kitchen cabinets would look like in that gorgeous color? 
Hmmm... something to think about.
Meanwhile,  One of my missions in February is to find a tall bookcase like this one.

How about this.. a real challenge for February ~
No fast food for the month!  
That's a goal...  obtainable?  we'll see!

Lastly,  clean out and organize those dangerous kitchen cabinets.
It's a bowl/lid avalanche every time you open the doors.


I skipped the painting part of my to do list because I was so excited to start it
that i did it the other day. 
 
 I love hot air balloons!!!


Once I get started on a project I just can't stop!



The balloon painting is for a friend.
A lady who listens, offers advice and is sometimes my voice of reason.

Sometimes, we meet and make the most unlikely friendships..
Those are usually the ones that last.
This is my way of saying Thank you.



The other painting is one that  I did Yesterday..

And this one is a gift to another friend who is retiring from the coal yard in a few days.
 Although, he will probably not want to see coal for a very long time... 
I wanted to share with him one final sunset.


I wish you all a Fabulous February!!!
 Stay Warm.

xo



\


9 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Hi Leslie, Steamed Crabs would be a great treat for Valentine's. I love the color of that bookcase. Back in the 80's, mother painted her kitchen cabinets a similar color; everyone loved them! You did a great job on the two paintings for friends. I especially love the colorful hot air balloon. Have a nice Sat.

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

I'm all about the cookies! I hope you find your bookcase, that would be fun! I'm getting ready to make a big pot of chili for tomorrow and... GO BRONCOS!!!:@)

It's me said...

Love your paintings...great !!!,...love from me...Ria...x !

Earlene Landis said...

Leslie I am so happy the January is over and so looking forward to Spring.
I will be working on valentines day and it is the last day for my friend, co-worker. She is retiring after 20 years...so lucky. We are all going out to dinner and celebrate after work. hubby and I will celebtate on Saturday.
Love your painting.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Earlene

Valerie Smith said...

Love your list. I think the painting will be wonderful.

Do we ever get to see that upstairs room? Everytime I read your blog I remember you talking about that upstairs room and I think it's soo cool. My great aunt had a fun upstairs room.

Hugs,

Valerie
Cottage Making Mommy
www.lovingmyheartandhome.blogspot.com

Pam said...

Leslie, your paintings are great. You are one talented lady! I too am glad January is over and I'm ready for summer, esp. since it's snowing like mad today and so cold. I'm wondering when your husband's birthday is in May---mine is May 11.

Gina said...

Leslie, I always love to see your creativity. Your paintings are great! It looks like you've got a nice list set for the month of February.

Lee Ann said...

Ooh! Your February sounds awesome! Looking forward to seeing those cookies! X

It's Just Dottie said...

Your February sounds wonderful.
I love February!
Smiles, Dottie