Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hearts, snow and real life


 Good Morning!  

I have no idea why..  but I am up before dawn again.
It's all good ~  I work the morning shift today anyway.

I've got plenty of scraping and warming up to do before I leave the driveway..
So, I suppose,  being up early is a good thing.

Schools are closed today due to the 8 inches of snow that we received yesterday.
It snowed the entire day..  a pretty constant snowfall that made want to nest.


Oh..  you are wondering how we spent this snow day....

 We made pretty chocolate covered marshmallows , especially good for dipping into hot chocolate.


We hung hearts on the Sun porch while we enjoyed the beautiful view outside..

 

Lots and Lots of hearts.





We played outside with the boys.


and of course we dressed Darla  up in her warm coat before she joined us in the snow.



We warmed our numb toes on the hot radiator. 


 And we sat quietly, 
 Thanking God that we were all home, safe and warm , 
while savoring the beautiful dusk.


Of course..  that was the sugar coated version.

I left out the parts when..
The dogs threw up from eating to much snow.
Half of the hearts fell down.
Our backs burned and hands cramped from so much shoveling.
The Laundry and dirty dishes never seem to go away.
And a tummy ache,  just for me,  from eating to much junk.
 
Real life...  so much fun : )

Have a wonderful Wednesday friends.
Stay warm and happy!!!
xo



13 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Your marshmallows are so sweet. Love seeing the snow through your window and the precious photos of your pets. I was at a craft store yesterday and was tempted with so many beautiful Valentine's Day décor.

Blackberry Lane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
It's a Baltimore Life said...

Those marshmallows look delicious! Stay warm!!

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Well... your fairy tale version sounded nice:@) Yep, the snow was fun to watch from the house, shoveling... not so much:@)

Melinda said...

Sounds like fun, fun, fun!
Both versions :)

Hope you got some rest though.

I am still waiting for a lot of snow--we have had bits here and there.

Thanks for joining the Valentine party!

M :)

Liz said...

Your sunporch is so inviting! Those marshmellows look to good to eat. I thought my goofy dogs were the only ones that puked from to much snow!!

Chris said...

Lovely snow day, even with the other stuff...

Kelly said...

You always decorate so pretty for the holidays. We just have really cold here, no snow. Enjoy your pretty marshmallows!
Kelly at Little Wonders' Days

Melanie said...

Lol.
I like both versions. :)

Libbie Doyle said...

I am totally laughing from reading the ending! I think so many people leave the real part of life off their blogs but I think that's the best part!

But I do wish I was sitting there with my feet up & a marshmallow to dip in my hot chocolate with you! ALl those hearts twirling around our heads!

Oh & Darla is too stinking cute in her coat!!!! :) She is a stylish one for sure! Night Leslie!

Brandi said...

Glad you and your family got to enjoy the snow! And best of all you had fun doing it!! Miss Darla looks so fancy in her coat!!

Carol Z said...

You had me at the decorations, but Darla's coat. I'll be a regular visitor to spend more time with Darla. Thanks for visiting Buttercup's and come back often! P.S. I'm your newest follower.

Pam said...

Lol! You are the best, Leslie!!! I remember those days of shoveling the driveway before I went to work because my hubby took the early train into Chicago. And I'm still shoveling while he snowblows it. It's 0 now and when it's 40 I'm putting on my bikini, not! lol!

I love your post and as always it's so homey cozy! Your dogs are adorable and I love your tattoo! Sexy tootsies!