Sunday, January 5, 2014

Easy Chicken Pot Pie



I love to bake and play in the kitchen.
Working the hours that I do now, it is hard to find time to cook decent meals every night.
I hardly ever eat dinner at home anymore..
~ which explains the 26 pounds that I've dropped since July.
Well, that and stress.  

 I really enjoy those days that I am off and get a chance to
 cook and actually eat it.

Recently, Paul and I watched an episode of Throw Down with Bobby Flay and the competition dish was a chicken pot pie..
Ever since then we've been craving a hot creamy pot pie.

 

 ...  and this bitter cold January day was the perfect day for it.

Now, before you start thinking that I put a lot of work and effort into this pot pie,
think again!



This is the easiest pot pie ever.

Ingredients

cooked chicken, cubed
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of mixed veggies
1 can of diced potatoes
2 Pillsbury pie crusts
Cheddar cheese ~ as much as you want


First, I roasted a large chicken breast,  let it cool and cut it into chunks.
In a large bowl,  I mixed the chicken,  cream of chicken soup,  mixed veggies and the can of diced potatoes.
I seasoned it all with salt, pepper .

and Yes,  I was watching Twilight's New Moon

Place crust on bottom of pie dish, dump chicken mixture in, spread evenly .
add cheddar cheese then top with remaining crust. .


bake @ 350 around 30 minutes or until golden.
 


 Done!

 *

Remember that I said that I was going to visit the thrift shop in search of some colorful dishes for that little shelf in the dining room...

Score!!!

I left with seven plates and the pie dish  (that I used above) and spent around $12.00 for them all


I am in love with the blue and yellow floral plates!!


I still have some tweaking to do .. 
 here it is so far.


Have a great day.
Stay warm!

 xo




15 comments:

Theresa said...

I have a chicken-pot-pie recipe that I have used for years. I think I will give yours a shot next time:) Love your purchases! The shelf looks very pretty! Have a blessed day dear friend, BIG HUGS!

Gina said...

That pot pie looks delicious! I'm glad you shared the recipe with us.
I love your new plates! So pretty & they all go together so well.

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Your dishes are so cute and cheerful, I love the heart shaped one:@)

Earlene said...

That recipe is really easy and I will make it soon, after I can make it to the store after all the snow.
Your plate grouping is very pretty Leslie. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Hugs
Earlene

It's me said...

Yammie !!!...here we have beautiful weather darling sun is shining the whole day...no winter yet.....spring feelings !!!...love Ria...x !

Barbara F. said...

I am always craving chicken or turkey pot pie. I will make this, maybe make smaller ones and freeze them! Sounds super easy. Love those plates, that is a real score! Happy New year! xo

Blackberry Lane said...

Love your thrift store dishes. The pie looks delicious and hearty for the weather most of us are enduring! Take care.

Lindy said...

Your shelf looks fantastic! You certainly have a way with decorating.

Linda said...

I love making pot pies too...last couple time I made a pot roast though I made the makings of a pie but in little hand held triangles to have for lunch...I got the idea from a book I am reading about a Minnesota town. I love the plates you found...I look at the thrift store all the time...have never scored anything quite as wonderful! Have a great day!!!

jill said...

The chicken pot pie does look delicious, and I never find plates that cute at the thrift store. Great find.
blessings, jill
new reader

Chris said...

Thanks for the easy recipe! The plates are fabulous!

Melinda said...

I am not a fan of pot pie (I know),
but I would try this!

Don't you love it when a plan
turns out like you want?

No school today due to the wind chill, stay cozy.

M : )

Freckled Hen said...

Those plates! I love them! That pot pie recipe looks like a keeper, my kids love it so I will be sure to try it. Happy New Year!

Melanie said...

Oooo, what a steal for the plates! Those are all super pretty. Just LOVE the heart shaped one.

Kim of Mo Betta said...

That looks amazing...comfort food at it's best! And the plates are adorbs :-)