Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A bright start to 2014!!


Look on the Bright Side
And the shadows will fall behind you.





Happy New year Friends.  
I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to start 2014.
Normally I find New Years Day a little depressing ~  
Today however,   the sun shines through my windows and hope grows in my heart.



Dear 2014 ,   Please keep my family safe and healthy.  Bless us with many sunny days on the boat.   Let us prosper and grow closer with God.   Let this be the year of peace, joy and happiness! 





Most of the Christmas stuff is gone and the house is getting back to normal.
The Dining room is looking a little like spring already.
I couldn't help it..   
 I want to start of this new year with beautiful colors that remind me of brighter days.



I love using this colorful quilt as a tablecloth.
It is to pretty to waste away in my messy bedroom.

The blue jars gleam in the sunshine and for a moment i forget that it is barely 30 degrees outside.


Today,  after I clean the kitchen, fold the laundry and do the bills,
I am taking a trip to the goodwill ~ 
 I haven't been thrifting in soooooo long!
My mission is to find colorful mismatched dishes for this shelf....


Happy New Year!!!!!






9 comments:

Earlene said...

It is very cheery looking..love how the sun gleams those blue jars Leslie. Your room is very pretty.
Welcome 2014!!!! We made the bend around the corner to Spring.
Earlene

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Very pretty, lovin' the quilt as a tablecloth! Happy New Year:@)

Theresa said...

Happy New Year to you too:) The tree is down and the decorations are waiting to go up to the attic for another year! Enjoy your day dear friend, LOVE the quilt as a tablecloth! SO pretty! BIG HUGS heading across the miles!

It's me said...

Happy new year darling....love Ria...x !!

It's not what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful.......but what you have in your heart........x !

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

A great start to the New Year! I hope it starts with some good finds!

·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´Happy New Year!

Christine @ Suburban Charm said...

I love your green and white dishes...I am ready for a little taste of spring too!

Happy New Year!

Mimi Sue said...

I have a lot of yellow walls in my house too and this time of year I really appreciate them. Makes things seem a little brighter when the outside is so gray. Glad you had a laid back Christmas that you all enjoyed. I'm working on simplifying. Hope you and your family have a happy and healthy 2014. Mimi

It's a Baltimore Life said...

Brrr it is cold but a beautiful day! Happy New Year!!!

Melanie said...

Ooooo, love the blue jars with the sunlight. That is a whole lot of happy right there, for sure.
Happy New Year!!! :)