Wednesday, January 8, 2014

a bedroom quickie... makeover



I'm doing something crazy that I never do..

I happen to be off of work today,
so it is ok that it is 11:00 am
 and I am tucked deep in my bed under a heavy patchwork quilt.

It feels good to relax for a few minutes.

I rearranged my chaotic ( Messy) bedroom yesterday
and I am trying it out..

I like it!




Obviously,  
Two out of Three dogs approve. 


I have  plans for this day off...
There is a ton of stuff that needs to be done
but I just can't seem to get moving. 

Update!

Since starting this post earlier this morning, 
As I was laying in bed looking around at the ugly walls around me
I decided that it was finally time to put some paint on them.

These walls have had spackle and primer on them for a year already..
Pretty sad huh!



For the longest time 
I have wanted to paint the room a pretty shade of Lavender
but I haven't been motivated enough to actually do it.


 
This little Hydrangea was the inspiration behind the color.

I totally wasn't planning on painting today.. 
I didn't have any paint rollers nor did I have any lavender paint.

Oh..  I'm industrial enough...   
I knew that I would figure out something.. 
and I did.

I have a ton of half used gallons of paint ..
I just chose a few colors,  cream, light blue and red..
mixed them up
and came up with this shade..




Two hours and a very cramped hand from the little paint brush that I was using..
and ...
What else can I say,  I am tickled pink with the results!

It is cheery ,Simple and exactly how I had envisioned it to be.

Perfect.

( I used clothes pins to hang old wedding pictures of Paul and I on this scrappy garland ~  I'll have to take a picture of it tomorrow)


 I am hoping that now that my bedroom is back in order
that I will start to sleep better.
A girl can dream.


Speaking of dreaming and painting.. 

The other morning I woke up with the craziest idea in my head..
I was mentally painting a gumball machine. 
Because..  that's what people do right,  dream about painting things like gumballs!

Once I get an idea inside of my head..
everything else goes on the back burner.
I grabbed a cup of coffee, found a piece of canvas 
and within a few hours I had a new masterpiece.





It is silly and unusual
Just like the rest of us.  : )

Now,  I just have to figure out where I am going to put it.

Hope that you all have a great Thursday.
Stay Warm!
xo

15 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Hi Leslie, So happy you are posting again. I love the lavender walls and such a pretty quilt. The dogs are so cute trying out the bed! The gumball machine is fun...can't wait to see your wedding photos attached to the garland. I do hope you sleep well and that you are not too sore from painting.

jill said...

It is so nice to see someone else who paints like I do. My husband always said, he never knew what color the walls would be after coming home from work. LOL.
The lavender is so pretty and how I miss our lavender room we had in San Diego. We now rent and have builder beige walls.
blessings, jill

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I love the shade of pinkish you chose...ehem, created. :)
I also know what you mean about hand cramps... I have arthritis, but I still do crazy things like that. I painted the front and back of my house last summer with a 3" brush! Wow...crazy!
Your gumball machine is NOT a crazy dream of an idea, I LOVE IT! Very original and so cute.
Pat

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

The bedroom looks great and how fun that you mixed up the paint from what you had on-hand:@)

Chris said...

Wow! That color looks great. So great that you get up and get things done like your gumball machine. Fabulous!

It's me said...

Great quilt...lovely dog on it...here always the same !!!...like your painting !!...lovely day darling....x !

Melinda said...

Wow, if I was going to paint
I would have to mull it over for
awhile,then plan and then paint.

M : )

Gina said...

Looks to me like your best creations happen on a whim! The bedroom looks beautiful...such a pretty color and I love that gumball machine painting!

Liz said...

What a pretty color you achieved with a little mixing and matching! I would be scared to death to try! Love the gumball print. You sure had a productive day!

Mimi Sue said...

Such a pretty color! Love that you could make it with things you had on hand. Mimi

Theresa said...

Wah-lah, beautiful! Magical changes from your paint brush! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Formerly known as Frau said...

You are so creative! I love the color! Happy Weekend!

Kim of Mo Betta said...

You're so crafty! If I decided to paint, it would take me a week to actually get everything "ready" to do it! And I couldn't even begin to paint a picture...no artistic talent here whatsoever.

Melanie said...

It's a very pretty color. That's too funny that you had enough leftovers to come up with something brilliant. That color was meant to be, I say.

Linda said...

Love everything! That color is perfect...and your painting could go anywhere! Love how you think...have a wonderful day!!