Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas, computers and Cream of Shrimp Soup


Good Morning.
Happy Sunday & Happy almost New Year!!

I'm excited to tell you all that after spending two days working on my little broken down laptop,
( it was literally make it or break it)
I wiped out everything and reset it back to its factory settings,
then downloaded a new web browser (firefox) ...

It now works amazing!!

Hello Blogging world ~  Leslie is back in business!!!


How are you?
Did everyone have a nice Christmas?



Christmas in the Spoonful house was as laid back as they come.

It was really nice.

Paul and I woke up before the kids, watched White Christmas while having coffee and reminiscing those Christmas mornings when our girls were little.

We skipped Christmas breakfast and enjoyed a delicious lunch of Cream of Shrimp soup and baked bread ~ 
 this will definitely be a new tradition. 

Dinner was easy.. 
 and for the first time in many years, it was grab your plate and sit where ever you want.
Although, I prefer for us all to sit together around the table, it was a nice change that everyone else seemed to enjoy.

We listened to Sally and Nick jam on their guitars,  Played a few games, ate a bunch of sweets and shared many laughs.
 There was no pressure this year, 
 No extravagant gift giving, 
 No rules or routines,  
and.....
It was beautiful! 




I know that I have posted to recipe many times before..
but it is soooo worth repeating

Easy Cream of Shrimp Soup

1 large can of cream of chicken soup
1 small can of cream of shrimp
1 small can of cream of celery
1 can of milk
1 can of water
and bunch of chopped celery and onion
peeled raw or cooked Shrimp..  (as much as you want)
butter
Old bay seasoning

Saute celery, onion and butter in a deep pot until tender.  Add (raw) shrimp and cooked until pink.
Add cans of soup and water..  mix well and cook until blended and hot.
Add as much seasoning as you prefer.
Done!!!




However nice as Christmas day was... 
I am happy that its over!!

See you all very soon!
Have a great new week!

14 comments:

Brandi said...

Welcome back, Leslie! Glad you and your family had a nice holiday. Your day sounded pretty like ours. It was nice to just "be". Your recipe sounds delicious. I bet it would be good on a rainy day like today. Happy New Year, friend!!

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Glad your computer is working and it sounds like you had a nice Christmas! I agree with you, while it's fun, I'm ready for January 1st:@)

Theresa said...

Happy to hear you are connected again! Your Christmas sounds perfect and SO DOES THAT SOUP:) YUM! My Christmas was a little less stressful because of one tiny change I made... that turned out to be HUGE! I wrapped one gift per person with all of their gifts in that ONE BOX! It saved me tons of time and nobody cared that they didn't have a bunch of gifts to open! Have a blessed week ahead dear friend, BIG HUGS and many wishes for a Happy New Year!

Melinda said...

Glad you were able to resolve
your computer's issues.

So nice to see you again-your
Christmas sounded lovely.

M : )

Madelief said...

Happy to hear you solved your computer problems!

Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year!

Madelief x

It's me said...

Welcome back Leslie !!!...enjoy the last days of this year darling...love Ria...x !

Earlene said...

So glad you gotn your computer working again.
It does sound like you had a very nice Christmas.
I love soups and yours looks pretty easy so I will try. Right now I am making ham ( left over) with blackeyed peas and bean.
Happy New Year Leslie.
Earlene

Chris said...

Hey Leslie!!
It sounds like a perfect Christmas Day!!
I love your tree :)
Happy New Year!!

Leslie's Garden said...

I was computerless for awhile there too. My cord had broken on my laptop and I had to wait for the new one to be delivered. Sounds like you had a lovely, calm Christmas! Happy New Year!

Phyllis said...

A laid back Christmas can be nice. That soup sounds wonderful, but I would probably be the only one who would eat it. *sigh* Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Jann Olson said...

Oh YUM! I must try this one. Glad that you had a relaxing Christmas. Ours was that way too this year. We even went on a hike up the canyon Christmas morning. After that we visited the grands to see what Santa brought them and then just vegged the rest of the day. Nice! Glad your computer is working again!
hugs,
Jann

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Leslie! I'm glad that you had a great Christmas, and I'm also glad that it's over! Take care, and we'll see you again very soon!

Lindy said...

Hi Leslie. Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog Piggywhistles. I love your Christmas decorating, especially your sun room. Kind regards, Lindy

Melanie said...

Yayyyy for getting the laptop back up to speed!!! :)