Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Salted Caramel Apple Cake


Hello again Friends.
I told you that I would be back to blogging mode soon.
Two posts within the same week...   OMG.

This one's a quickie..
I just wanted to share this fantastic recipe...
  it is so simple!

Salted Caramel Apple Cake




Recipe.

2 boxes of better crocker cinnamon streusel muffin & quick bread mix
1 1/3 cups of milk
1/2 cups of vegetable oil
4 eggs
3 cups of chopped peeled baking apples ( 3 medium)
1 cup of thick caramel topping
1/3 cup of roasted chopped pecans
1/2 teaspoon of coarse salt

Heat oven to 350'.  Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan .
In a large bowl, stir muffin mix, streusel, milk, oil, and eggs 
until blended.  Mix will be lumpy.
Spoon half of mixture in to Pan.  sprinkle half of the apples on top.  Repeat with remaining batter and apples.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool in pan for 15 mins,  remove.
Pour caramel topping over the cake, sprinkle with pecans and salt.

*

Time for this girl to hit the track for a while 

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!



11 comments:

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

I am hosting my book club this fall and this would be perfect! I am pinning this :-)
Happy to see you posting - have a great day!

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

I love anything salted caramel.

Liz said...

I can't wait to try this!! Salted caramel has become my favorite!

Lee Ann said...

Ooh this looks so autumny!! (I know that's not a word- but it should be!)

Wishing we got the cake mix here to try it xx

Linda said...

This looks amazing!

Melinda said...

Ooooo, yummy.
This would be a great Fall dessert!

:)

Diane @ The Checkered Apple said...

YUM! This is going in my recipe box. Thanks for sharing it.

The Fairy Glade said...

I have had a wonderful time reading your blog here in the UK. This recipe looks fabby...I just need to work out the equivalent measures for the UK. We don't measure in cups here. Not sure about the muffin mix either, but am sure I can find an alternative.

bj said...

ummm, this really sounds and looks so good. Salt and Caramel just GO together. :) Thanks for this great recipe. Just perfect for fall.:)

Jann Olson said...

Anything with the word caramel in it and I'm all over it! YUM!!!
Pinning.
hugs,
Jann

Catherine said...

I lové caramel, it looks so good!
Lovely week-end.