Sunday, August 11, 2013

August update


Happy Sunday!

It's a beautiful morning here in Baltimore. 
 There breeze is gentle and cool causing the curtains to roll like waves out here on the sun porch.
It's kinda hard to explain why..  but I love when the curtains move.
It reminds me of a clean house,  the smell of a good dinner cooking...
None of which are happening right now!


I'm off today and although I'm a little addicted to work right now, 
it feels pretty good to just be able to sit here and know that I've got the whole day ahead of me.

I've pulled out my little neglected (Blogging) notebook.
I hardly ever open it anymore.


I've got my cutie napping next to me.


I've got a great book that I can't wait to finish.


And my feet are tapping to the tunes of Nora Jones and Sinatra that serenade my senses.

Life is good.
This yucky summer is slowly turning into shorter days and cooler evenings
and although normally,  I would be clutching my hands against the fast moving summer clock, 
 I am looking forward to a new season.  
 A fresh new season to dream, live and enjoy.

...  and bake.



We've been busy these past few weeks.

My new work schedule has turned my daily routine upside down.
In a good way.
Crazy enough..   I love it.

I can't say that I felt that way during that first transitional week,  which I refer to as Hell Week!
It was pretty bad.
I was pretty bad.
I had these great expectations of myself..  that I would go in there and do everything better then perfect.
That didn't happen!!

what happened instead, was that I made every mistake that I could possibly squeeze in on the first week.
Among other things, I left money in a register, locked my keys in the office, left lights on, set off the burglar alarm,  and worst of all I was cussed and screamed at by some crazy customers.

After the crazy customer incident,  I was barely hanging on by the skin of my teeth.
I wasn't sure that I had made the right decision in taking the job.
I felt lousy...  knowing that my boss had great expectations and that I was going to let him down.

Now,  weeks later, while I am still learning and still making mistakes along the way,  
I am feeling more and more comfortable and I am not trying to be superwoman.
I am taking things one day at a time
.... but deep down I still want to conquer and defeat!!

I am so thankful that I did decide to take this challenge.
I feel like I eat, sleep, dream Michael's
and you know what... 
for now,
I love it. 



I hope that you all are having a good August and have a great last few weeks of summer.
As I fall more comfortable with these changes in my routine..
I will be back to my blogging self in no time.  

xo
L






7 comments:

It's Just Dottie said...

Hurray for you girl!!!
Smiles, Dottie

Karen said...

Good to hear from you, Leslie! Breaking into a new job is one of my least favorite things to do. Thankfully, it doesn't happen too often! I'm starting to look forward to fall, too. Cooler weather, change of pace, new recipes. Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Chris said...

So glad that you are adjusting to the job and loving it!!

Theresa said...

Rest when you can, work when you must:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Melinda said...

It takes time to get used to change. I know that you will get a good handle on them and they won't know what hit them!

Take it slow.

:)

Formerly known as Frau said...

I feel your pain.....huge responsibility! I know with time things will click! Hang in there!

Melanie said...

Ooof. That does seem like a rough go of it to start with. So glad it got better for you! Change is always hard but you are on your way to conquering it. :)