Sunday, July 21, 2013

The clouds are lifting



Life brings so many obstacles and changes that you never know what direction that it will take you.
One moment, the sun is shining and you are sailing comfortably along calm waters..
And the next moment, the water is raging, your sail has snapped and you are rowing against the wind getting nowhere.

That's how life in the spoonful house has been this summer.

As I sit at the computer to check in,  the glass is still half full.
I just count the blessings that we've had and try to bury the struggles.

I'm going to skip over those struggles and tell you that In the midst of the chaos called life,
there have been many beautiful moments that , without them,  we may have just fallen apart.



We've had many fun pool days.
Time for relaxing, dreaming, talking, crying and laughing.








And beautiful boating days.

Those lazy days filled with sunshine, family and the soft sound of the cascading wake.
They are the days that dwell deep within my soul.
It's who we are.


Whether you are happy or mad..
and even when your heart is shattered in a thousand pieces from a devastating break up,
the sea cleanses the soul.





Some days we have to share our little retreat..


and other days, we have it all to ourselves.



As long as I have my family,  my life is good.
 Being out on the water with them is one of the greatest joys in my life.


I love them all so much.


I've had time to spend in the garden and around the house.





There has been painting...

After I painted that last picture of Paul's boat, 
I thought that maybe I could put my painting hobby to work.



And after painting a few more pictures for my portfolio
I applied to be a Grumbacher painting instructor and I got my certification.

The plan was to teach the painting class at Michael's.


But as we all know,  plans can change quickly.
You just never know what tomorrow will bring.

My little carefree job at Michael's has turned into something much more
and I don't think that I will have much time for painting.


I am apprehensive and excited for this unexpected new journey at Michael's.

On the morning of my first manager training,  I was super nervous and had a ton of nervous energy.
I went outside to clip some fresh flowers to place with my mother's urn.
As I clipped the black eyed susan and began to put it in the little vase
a praying mantis climbed off on to my hand.

At that moment, I knew that my mom was telling me that everything was going to be ok.


And it will be.  :  )


I hope that you all are having a great summer.
xo
Leslie

14 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Hi Leslie, I am happy to see an update. Your photos of family and pets are precious. Love your art work too. All the best to you in your new position at Michael's. I know your mom would be very proud of you.

Mildred

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Exciting changes at work! Also lovin' your great Red, white and blue tablecloth! Have a great week:@)

Melinda said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your summmer has been a tough one.

Life has a way of throwing those curve ball. but those of us who know how to play the game, catch those nasty things and move on in the game.

I'm glad that you have found some quiet times to relax.

Your next adventure sound interesting and I know that you will do fine.

I love your painting!

Take care, my friend.

:)

Barbara F. said...

Your Summer sounds wonderful, Leslie, and your painting is, too! Glad you are going places in your career. xo

Karen said...

Beautiful post, Leslie! The lake sounds like a beautiful retreat. LOVE the pictures with the dogs:) Good luck with your new job!

Catherine said...

Love the pictures and all the best to you and your family!

Chris said...

Best wishes for success in your new job! What peaceful days you have had on the water.
Hugs!

Melanie said...

Congrats on your promotion!!! *mwah*

Debbie said...

Oh Leslie, congratulations on your new position!!! How exciting. Your summer sounds wonderful ... keep on enjoying it as it will be over all too soon!

D. Jean Quarles said...

Congratulations. Love your praying mantis. And your Boston! Is he/she a reluctant water dog?

Kim of Mo Betta said...

I'm sorry to read that y'all have had troubles :-( I hope the pieces are coming back together. Wishing you well my friend!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

I have been busy reading all about your summer so far. I am so sorry to hear about all the rotten things that befell your family earlier this summer. You're right! These things shouldn't happen to good people, but – sadly – they do.

Congrats too for the new job. How do you like it?

Hope the rest of your summer offers more opportunities to recuperate, rest, and relax - and take that little water dog out on the river(?) - or is it ocean? My Maryland geography is a little rusty.

Katharine said...

Your pictures are awesome, don't you just love capturing life?

Formerly known as Frau said...

Everything will be okay even with life's bumps! Hang in there and good luck with all your career changes. You have a beautiful family, home and smile the sun will always shine on you. xo

Happy rest of summer....where has it gone!