Thursday, June 6, 2013

Love, peace and sunshine


I could spend a thousand years on this beach..
With this man.



My soul mate.

Last weekend we celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary on our favorite island.

We spent a long 8 months dreaming of this sandy beach.
To sit there,  basking in the bright warm sun, with my favorite person in this world ~
Life doesn't get much better!

Of course, having my favorite girls around is just icing on the cake.


I could live here.
My family, A little hut, and an unlimited supply of pina colada's, 
would make this island perfect.



I'll settle for our visits and savor every moment.


Someone recently said that we were crazy for swimming in the Chesapeake.


I say,  We are blessed to have this beautiful watershed and we intend on spending our years in Maryland taking advantage of it.


We'll swim with the fishies, with the crabs, with the snakes
and with cute little black and white sea creatures named Darla.


It's kinda funny,
  we have those two water loving retreivers and Darla is the dog who is most fun to take to the beach.
She loves it!

Of course,  even on the beach,  I need something to do...


I love summer!

"Put the lime in the coconut and drink them both together" 
sing it with me.


~*~

A few weeks ago I pulled out the jewelry supplies and made a cute beach themed charm bracelet.



Most of the pretty charms are from the Martha Stewart collection at Michaels.


After putting the bracelet together I decided that I wanted a necklace.
~  and then I got this genious brilliant idea....


I attached a lobster hook on both ends of the bracelet


and now it's a bracelet or a necklace.


Lastly,  while we are on the topic of  beaches and sunshine.

My new boss left me this sweet little thank you that I greatly appreciate.


When you are in a place of peace of love ~ it's easy to shine!  
(Or maybe he meant shine as in clean... naaaaah)

 since my co-workers have  named me Sunshine..
It is only fitting that I share some of that sunshine with them.


Have a wonderful weekend friends!
xo

19 comments:

Gina said...

Happy anniversary! Your beach looks like a great place to relax. I love your beach themed jewelry...you are so creative!

Blackberry Lane (Mildred) said...

What gorgeous photos!!! Congrats on your anniversary. Darla is cute as can be and I love your jewelry and cupcakes. Wishes for a sweet weekend.

Debbie said...

You are a very lucky lady. Happy Anniversary!

Tracey said...

Looks like paradise...what a wonderful time away with your hubby. Happy Anniversary!! (You don't look old enough to be married 23 years!)

We live about 15 minutes away from the sandy beaches of Lake Huron, but we never seem to take the time to enjoy it. Will have to try to more this year ☺

It's Just Dottie said...

Happy day.sweet girl!!
Smiles.Dottie

Melinda said...

Lots of going on in your neck of the woods!
Happy Anniversary to you and Paul.

Love the cupcakes. Yummy

The bracelet/necklace is very cool.

:)

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like you (and Darla) are enjoying summer! I love your cute bracelet/necklace:@)

Chris said...

Congratulations on your anniversary!
Looks like an amazing getaway. Darla looks so happy!
I love your new jewelry.
How nice to be recognized at work. I am sure that they loved those fun cupcakes!
Have a great weekend!

Theresa said...

Happy Anniversary! Beautiful view, love the drawing and cutest cupcakes:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

We had a boat, and then a jet ski and I miss it. Your photos of your island beach are so pretty and I can just feel the relaxation that is happening :-)

Liz said...

What a perfect spot to celebrate your anniversary! Love the sunshine cupcakes!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What a wonderful, and perfect way to spend time and an anniversary!! I think the Chesapeake is a treasure and I'm glad you and your family are enjoying it!

Sarah B said...

It's so good when someone at work appreciates what you do and comments on it. We rarely get any thanks at work, despite all the work we do for others, but when it happens it's great. It must be nice to have everyone think you are sunshiney.
Happy Anniversary!
x

Melanie said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
I'm glad you got to celebrate it in the most perfect way that speaks to your heart(s).
The necklace/bracelet combo is quite ingenious. (And pretty!)

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary it looks like a fun one. Darla looks like she is having a good time also.

Yummy cupcakes can you send one over?

Alwayzbakin said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby. Beautiful beach pics. :-) That bracelet is super cute!!

Linda said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great way to spend it! Those cupcakes are so cute...and the necklace/bracelet...brilliant idea! Have a great day!!

It's a Baltimore Life said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Katharine said...

I know I'm late to the party, but Happy Anniversary! Your beach pictures make me long for summer...and(fingers crossed) a day trip to OC when we come down!