Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day, the boat, and Summer Bucket list #22 & #23





Hi Friends.
I hope that everyone had a great weekend.

Our Family enjoyed a much needed peaceful father's day weekend.
We spent some quality time at the beach, had a few good dinners,
and spent time securing and making changes around the house.

As of today there are a few more unexpected things to add to our 2013 Summer Bucket List.

#22  I am registered for gun safety and shooting lessons, 
 and I am super excited about it.
Mama don't play! 
Just sayin.

and the prelude to #23...

I had no idea of what to get Paul for Father's day ..  
I wanted to give him something special but I couldn't come up with anything,
so I decided to try to paint him a picture of his boat.

I was trying to paint the boat perspective in the picture above...
I haven't painted ( free style) in forever and I was pretty rusty.


...  and I kept messing up.



I did capture our favorite lighthouse in the distance.


After changing the angle of the boat,
I felt much more comfortable and started getting back into the swing of it.


I had my earphones tuned into my favorite music and before long,  
I found myself doing something that I haven't done in a long time.
Relaxing.
I forgot how much I enjoy painting and how calming it is.

After adding the rope and the little boat flag
there was one more thing that Paul's painting needed..


...  A little Darla gazing at the boat.

Paul loved it!!

And I am glad,  because it is the gift that will keep giving.
It got me back into it and helped me realize that I love painting.

#23 

Tonight I signed up for a fine art class..  painting flowers.
After brushing up and learning better skills, 
 I am thinking about becoming a painting instructor at Michael's.

Why not!


I hope that you all have a great new week.. 
Thanks for visiting!!
xo





13 comments:

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Ahhhhh! The little Darla is perfect! Love the painting and have fun with the class:@)

Brandi said...

You seriously have talent, Leslie! That painting is amazing. I love all the details, the lighthouse, your pup, everything looks great. Even better that you painted it on the wood slice. Such a creative idea.

Theresa said...

Well look at you... an ARTIST! Love your painting and what a thoughtful gift:) Have a blessed week dear friend, HUGS!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Oh my gosh Leslie! What an amazing gift! How sweet of you to make something so special for him! And the little dog....so adorable! Have a great week! Angie xo

Angela said...

Wow, what a beautiful painting! I love that you painted it on wood!

Alwayzbakin said...

That picture is precious. Love love love the little Darla!

Chris said...

What a great painting! You are so talented. I can't wait to see what you paint in class.

Debbie said...

What a perfect gift and just adorable! I am sure he loved it.

Gina said...

You did an amazing job on the painting! I love it!

Kathryn D. Duke said...

Your paintings are wonderful...

Melanie said...

I love the added touch of Darla. So sweet. :)

The Boston Lady said...

This is wonderful! All of it! I'm glad you kept with it and finished the painting, which turned out so well. Of course, Darla is the perfect touch. Ann

Katharine said...

Its beautiful... and what a great idea, you would made a great instructor!