Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's day weekend



Happy Mother's Day!!

I hope that you all had a wonderful Mother's day weekend.

It was a nice, busy weekend here.

As usual,  I was up early all weekend.. 
 I wake up between 5:30 and 6:00am every day.
Paul makes fun of me...  saying that he has never met anyone so excited to wake up.  That it's like Christmas morning..  everyday! 

Waking up early has its perks,  Its my favorite time to get things done.
This morning,  I had baked a few batches of cookies before 8am.

I am definitely most productive in the morning.

The bad part of waking up so early.. 
I need a daily afternoon nap.



It was a nice Mother's day weekend here. 
We celebrated with Grandmom on Saturday and today we enjoyed our girl date.
I didn't have time to do much of my chores.. 
 which sometimes is a good thing.
There is always next weekend.
(Although..  next weekend is completely booked too)


Paul gave me this gorgeous Foxglove plant for mother's day.



The best part..  It's already in a pretty container.
All that I had to do was find a place for it on the deck.



 This cute summer rules sign reminds me that summer is near.
Just a few more weeks of school left.
I can't wait!!!
This  Maryland spring weather is so unpredictable.
Yesterday was warm and stormy..  today is cool and breezy.



# 8.   Take a lot of naps

Ok,  now it's complete!  :  )



The little herb garden is doing great.
I planted them in an old wooden tool box that belonged to Paul's dad.
It's the perfect size to sit on the deck rail.


Poor Sharky had a rough weekend filled with Thunder storms
We were hoping that he would out grow his fear of storms ...
I don't think so!


Although, I didn't do much of what I wanted to do
It was a great weekend!
I found a little time to weed and mulch my gardens,  catch up on some blog reading & play and win a few levels of Candy Crush Saga. 

I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend.


To my mom,
Happy Mother's day.
I miss you more then words could ever say.
Thank you for watching over me, Paul and the girls.
We love you.

12 comments:

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Happy Mother's Day :-)

Barbara F. said...

Happy Mother's Day Leslie! xo

Melinda said...

Glad to hear that your Mother's
Day was good.

Enjoy your week!

M :)

Chris said...

Happy Mother's Day.
I understand about the early morning and the nap :)

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Sounds like you had a nice weekend! The foxglove is beautiful and the herbs look very happy-enjoy:@)

Theresa said...

Sounds like the weekend was perfect! I am a morning person too, sipping hot coffee early... just gets my motor running! I also take a tiny nap in the afternoon and then get the motor revvvved up for the rest of the day:) Love that sweet picture of you and your Mom! I miss mine too! Have a blessed day dear friend, BIG HUGS!

Sandra Rowe said...

Happy Mothers's Day, I am glad that you had such a lovely day. Sparky looks very comfy!

It's me said...

Beautiful post !!..owww how i miss our mom's !!..every day more and more......love from me...xxx..

Debbie said...

Happy Mother's Day Leslie! Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

Liz said...

I have always loved mornings when everything is so quiet! Such a pretty colored foxglove. Hard to believe summer vacation is almost here!

Melanie said...

I'm the complete opposite - slow as poke in the morning, love the nighttime. I'm with you on a good nap though. :)
Glad you had a nice Mother's day!

Alwayzbakin said...

I'm definitely a morning person also. Only problem is that I go to bed early. Beautiful plant! I've always wanted to start an herb garden. Looks nice in the wooden box. ;)