Saturday, May 25, 2013

Great news and summer do's


Before I do anything else,
I've got big news for you.

Great News worthy of some cute little Darla cupcakes....


  We are celebrating because Darla's biopsies came back benign!!!

I am shocked and extremely happy!!

Thank you all so much for your well wishes. 
xoxo

The cupcake is actually a practice Darla,
  Today, Sally and I are going to make a few dozen and take them to the veterinarian who took such great care of our little girl.  

*

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

I hope that the weather is nice where you are because it is downright crappy here.
Yesterday was rainy and coooold the whole day.
I can't remember a time when we had our heat on at the end of May.

I spend the day inside.. trying to eliminate some of the chores on my list.

The big boys have their swimsuits on and are ready for summer.
They got their summer haircuts yesterday and it only took me eight hours to do it.

Stymie doesn't mind the clippers..   I think that he likes when I shave him down because afterward, his hair is so fuzzy that we can't keep our hands off of him.

Sharky however...   hates anything to do with grooming.
I have to hand scissor his whole body.

I spent 10 years as a dog groomer ...  
I love doing it,  but hand scissoring a Golden who won't keep still is an exhausting job.
My back is killing me today.

I need to touch up those ears today!


Now... if it is ever warm enough to open the swimming pool...  the boys are ready!

*
I made another wreath last week.
I stole this idea from one of my bosses at Michael s.
That's the problem with working in a craft store..
the ideas are always flowing.


This  patriotic ribbon wreath was simple to make.

... so simple, that I made it in the comfort of my cozy chair.


I just cut strips of  ( Michael's $1.00) ribbon and tied them around the foam wreath form.



Keep on going until the entire wreath is covered.


you will end up with a pretty little patriotic celebration for your front door.


Have a great Memorial day!!

Don't forget to help those in Oklahoma if you can.
Text REDCROSS to 90999 to give a $10 donation.






20 comments:

Debbie said...

I am so happy to hear that Darla's news is great! The vet's office will love those cute little cupcakes, very nice of you! The puppies look adorable and love the wreath. Such a simple yet effective idea. Try and keep warm, it is cold here as well.

Barbara F. said...

Yay for Darla!! Happy to hear the good news. That cupcake is adorable and the vet and the staff are going to love them. Love the wreath, too, I can sit and do one up while watching the RHONJ. ;-) xo

Kelly said...

I'm sure that is a huge relief! Cute cupcakes.
Kelly at Little Wonders' Days

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

That is the best news! I know you will have a happy weekend now :-)

Melinda said...

Happy news about Darla! Those cupcakes are adorable!
Love the wreath. So easy AND festivd.

Enjoy your weekend.

M :)

Carol Z said...

Hurray for Darla's good news and the cute, cute cupcakes.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

So glad Darla is ok! The boys look adorable and I love your pretty new wreath! Crappy weather here too, I actually might light the wood stove... Have a great Memorial Day Weekend:@)

Mr. Tennis said...

Well you know I love that cupcake! So glad biopsies turned out ok. Enjoy your weekend! Ann

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Happy news for your family and your pooch!
I love the wreath...have a fun holiday.

You are up north...so not sure about your weather...but here, still chilly. Swam today...but you no choice. If you just tried to relax in that water...you sat there shivering. Swimming at least works up some warmth!


:P

It's me said...

Great news about Darla...happy sunday...love from me...xxx..

Theresa said...

Doing the HAPPY dance for Darla's news:) Love that wreath! Have a blessed weekend dear friend, HUGS!

Alwayzbakin said...

So happy to hear your good news about Darla! The cupcake is adorable. That is such a nice gift for the vet. I am jealous about your weather. I know that sounds strange, but living in FL we are always warm. The wreath is lovely. You're so crafty! ;-)

Katharine said...

I love the wreath, I may have to try something like that in red and white for Canada day! Glad Darla is OK!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Great news!! Pups look awesome and ready for warm weather fun! I love love love that wreath! I might have to try it. Have a great week!

Katie Clooney said...

Glad to hear your good news! Love your blog!

Anais said...

I´m happy because your Darla is well. Nice wreath and artistic cupcakes!
The weather here is cold and windy. As the saying goes : "Don´t take off your coat till may the 40th"...It´s right this year, grrrrr........
Kisses

Melanie said...

GREAT news!!!!!!! I'm so glad she's going to be okay. :)

Love that idea for a wreath! What a great little gift to put together on the fly too if you need a last minute thing.

shayaankhan said...

Title:
Best Revenue sharing with the High Returns Investment

Content:
Welcome to Make Money Online with best investment in Hedge fund day trading with high returns on Daily Interest the world best revenue sharing program in which High Yield Investment Program, Best Hyip, Best Investment, Hyip Monitor, Forex Fund, Daily Profit, Monthly Interest, Monthly Profit, Earn Money Online, Money Maker Group, Dream Team Money and like this much more and you can withdraw the amount throw referral commission, eCurrency Invest, LibertyReserve, Alert Pay and SolidTrustPay as well. Get 200% profit within 150 days and the minimum withdraw is only $5 which is on daily basis.
For More Details click the link below:

Web Link:
http://whatacash.com
Display Name: whatacashwaqar

Pam said...

Yipee for Darla---that's great news! Your fur buddies look awesome-you did a great job with them! They look like the best doggies! And the cupcakes are darling!

Julie said...

I'm sorry that your puppy had such troubles but I'm so happy for you that she is doing well. We miss our little Paisley so much! The cupcake are so cute!!!!